Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2005 10:55:35 AM EDT
I have been having some trouble getting my Krink back from Troy over at InRange.  I know they moved their shop and have had some other issues, but it has been almost a year since I sent my complete kit in to them.  

Does anyone else have any delays with them?  

I have sent a few emails lately that haven't been replied to like the previously prompt replies.

Troy if your still reading these could you please get ahold of me.  Thanks

J
Link Posted: 4/28/2005 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#1]
sometimes it takes a while, I know its hard to wait, I had a hell of a time doing it. But the day will come that it arrives at your door. Im not sure, but I think I pushed7-9 months, you gotta remeber, there is a line, especially now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Just curious: did the paperwork to get the tax stamp for your SBR start at the same time you sent the kit?

I'm certainly sympathetic: I'm probably more impatient than most people. But, I've had a lot of dealings with Troy and always found him to be very prompt. My guess is that it isn't him, it's some sort of bureaucratic backlog getting your transfer tax approved.

I know it's frustrating, but I know him to be 100% reliable.

Wyn
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#3]
lets put it this way, I have the extension on it right now, and am awaitng the go ahead sbr paperwork from ATf.
He just spotwelds the extensions on in a small place under the bbl, so It doesnt look to bad to remove.
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 8:18:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:45:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure you will be reunited with your Krink shortly.  Troy keeps quite busy as the demand for his quality work seems to be ever-increasing.  Sometimes it might take a day or so for him to get back with you, but he will.

I was very happy with my build from him and he even put up with me as I'm the poster child for being an "impatient bastard"!

Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I talked to Troy on Thrursday and sent out my certified funds Friday. We had one last change to the rifle, but he said it would still ship Monday.  I should be seeing it soon.  I will let you all know the outcome and post some photos.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Glad to here that you're finally getting your Krink.  The feedback on Troy's Krinkov builds seems to be 100% positive (except for wait times).  I saw one of his 7.62X39 Krinkovs at the range the other day and it looked really nice.  The owner was really pleased with it.  I must say that you have the patience of a saint.  I recently ordered a 5.45 Krink from ORF and also made a deal on a LNIB used one and can barely handle the 1-2 week wait on those.  Be sure to post pics when you get yours.
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I finally got my Krink and what can I say?  Troy was more than helpful in the end and the product is worth the wait.  Now to get my SBR paperwork in order and take off the fake suppressor.

http://img207.echo.cx/img207/6923/inrangekrink0012ps.jpg
Link Posted: 6/3/2005 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/10/2005 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Very nice!

+1
Link Posted: 6/13/2005 12:01:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I waited 14 months for mine (I shipped it the day he stopped taking new builds).  It was well worth the wait and I would wait that long again!  I took it to the range on Sunday and I was in Krink heaven!  
All hail the Krink God! Thanks Troy!
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I waited 14 months for mine (I shipped it the day he stopped taking new builds).  It was well worth the wait and I would wait that long again!  I took it to the range on Sunday and I was in Krink heaven!  

No offense, but i wouldn't wait that long for anything.
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 12:02:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No offense, but i wouldn't wait that long for anything.

If you only knew the circumstances involved.  Perfection is worth waiting for.  A word of advice, if you do not like waiting, don't bother with Ted Marshall either.
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 6:40:08 AM EDT
[#15]
You all should call Chris at AK-USA, I sent my kit and SBR paperwork to him, and 3 1/2 weeks later it came back, with no bullshit stories, or excuses. It is a masterpiece of a AK. Not cheap, but I don't  have any  problems  either.
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Troy's work is worth the wait as far as I am concerned.
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 5:40:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#18]
14 fucking months?  Shit you could have went to gunsmithing school on your off time and made your own.  I thought 4-6 weeks for Jnewt was long. I am appreciating Josh more everyday.  No one, not even Jennifier Connelly naked is worth waiting over a year for.
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#19]
my krinker plinker kit took 3 months. when i dropped my norrell 10-22 in it, it was better than jenny and cheaper too!  $595.00 in 1988!  soon will have pics!   thanks otto!
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 9:11:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I can't agree more KRINKFREAK!  I know the wait was well worth it.  The Krink I got from Troy was one of the best builds I have seen if not the best and Troy was a pleasure to work with during the process.  I am glad he got his plans together as it made for a great product and almost daily contact after his move.  If you watch these TROY, Thanks Again!

Link Posted: 7/18/2005 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Not flaming, or trying to be a dick.  I'm sure Troy is top notch. I must agree with ARDOC though.  I wouldn't wait more that 4 months for anything. That is just me.

EDIT:  I guess I'm just spoiled. I never have to wait more that a week to get something built. If i can't do it i have a couple of very qualified local gunsmith friends.  Here is just one example.

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Roger that!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#25]
I just recieved my new in the packaging Bulgarian Krink in 5.45mm, Can I be part of the cool guy club now???? since I kinda felt like a step child with my M92..   In all honesty though, now I have to wait for two yeast to get it assembled as I am now moving overseas....  It will be a cool welcome home gift for myself.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Troy was saying its only a 8 week wait at this point.  He seems more up front with his time table then others.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top