Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/14/2004 12:30:14 PM EDT
I'm kicking it around and wondered what the quality was and how they look.  I'm thinking about a fake can to cover the barrel.  I thought about a short barrel and fake can, but I might as well get the velocity.....  Anyway, here's a link to the kit:

Krink kit
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I am 100% in agreement with you...  If you have to have 16" total, it might as well be doing something for you!  I bought the Krink kit from K-Var and a fake PBS-5 from ORF in hopes that the fake can would just slip over the barrel - however, that was not the case.  It looks like the fake can needs to be opened just a little bit to fit the barrel.  I am trying to get my OOW receiver from my dealer and OOW, but it has turned into a chore.

Spooky
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I just spoke with my 'smith and he is getting in a set of recievers.  One for the Krink, one for an AMD65, and I might build up a Krink pistol too.  I promise not to build it in 5.45!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Dose any one know if they offer that same kit in 7.62X39 I think I would like to buid one in that cal.
............. this is my safety sir!!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:57:59 AM EDT
[#4]
K-var does not offer the 16 inch in a 7.62 at this time I checked when I ordered my kit.  Im glad they didnt because Im forced to going the SBR route.  Come on Firing Line, hurry up!

FYI the 16 inch kits are dont have the block/FS pressed on or pinned in place.  According to them these were placed there for the picture and would have to be completed by yourelf or your builder.  Good luck on your build.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a 16" kit built, with an ORF sleeve on the barrel.  I sent them the barrel to fit the fake PBS-5 to the rifle, so they've got them available now I believe if you call and ask.  Mine looks a lot like the one on their website at www.ohiorapidfire.com in the AK section, except I used a Global receiver.

I got to test-fire it once before deploying overseas, and other than a little trigger slap from the K-Var US H/T/S, it's great.  I wasn't able to fold the stock since I left in August, but my friend with whom I left the rifle says it's a nice, operable folder.  

If you have to go the 16" route, I think it's the way to go.  The recoil is fairly light from the round, and the extra weight of the sleeve helps.  The only drawback that I can see is the rifle is now rather front-heavy.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am 100% in agreement with you...  If you have to have 16" total, it might as well be doing something for you!  I bought the Krink kit from K-Var and a fake PBS-5 from ORF in hopes that the fake can would just slip over the barrel - however, that was not the case.  It looks like the fake can needs to be opened just a little bit to fit the barrel.  I am trying to get my OOW receiver from my dealer and OOW, but it has turned into a chore.

Spooky

We have to open them up a bit. Not a big deal. If you want one, send me the outside diameter of the barrel and I'll fix you up. No charge, of course

Mike
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Mike, it's a great piece of hardware, thanks again.

If you're looking for a Krink and you don't want to do the SBR thing, then I highly recommend the kit and ORF's barrel sleeve.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 3:37:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Just a heads up...kvar has NO sidefolders for any of their krinks. Still waiting for the boat from Bulgaria! Ask me how I know>
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top