Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2003 8:47:00 PM EDT
Hi Folks:

Can anyone tell me the differences between the Krink reciever and the AK-47? Are the FCG pins in the same place? Is it just that the ejector is longer? Wierd cut for the folding stock?

If anyone can help out, please fill me in. Thanks.

Stay Safe,
AGreyMan
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:02:46 PM EDT
[#1]
everything is exactly the same except for the rivet hole locations for the stock and the stock latch holes.
Jeremy
oops, misread, thought you said ak-74 or i would have mentioned the ejector.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 12:07:42 AM EDT
[#2]
 The only difference in ejector length that you will encounter is between calibers(7.62 vs 5.45 vs 5.56)

The krink utilizes the exact same receiver that any AK utilizes respective of caliber.

The rear of the receiver is cut differently for the side folding krinkov stock, but this process is done to an unadulterated AK receiver.

Basically you can start with any AK receiver that you can obtain,and build a krinkov on it. It is not advisable to build a 7.62 on a 5.45 receiver and vice versa with the availability of caliber specific receivers on the market.

Chuck
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 4:59:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Hi Folks:

So there _IS_ a difference between the 5.45 and the 7.62 receivers? What are the diferences besides ejector length?

Thanks!

Stay Safe,
AGreyMan
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe the magazine well is different
between the two also.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#5]
 Differences being, the ejector is different, the mag well is slightly different, and the rails sit either higher or lower between the two and I can't remember which one is which.

I think that the 5.45 rails sit lower than the 7.62 rails, but don't quote me on that until I can check one in the shop, or someone like Troy, Campy or Ken chimes in.

Chuck
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:15:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Hi Folks:

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it a lot.

Stay Safe,
AGreyMan
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top