Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/30/2003 5:11:58 PM EDT
Has anyone got to see one of these up close?

I'm just curious to see what folks have thought about them up close and personal.

http://www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=211&1=214&3=508
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:34:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Have not seen one up and close, but did see pics of a completed one.  Also, if you don't want to sacrifice overall barrel accuracy, this is the way to go.  But then again it does defeat the purpose of a short barrel.  I have also seen them like this with fake cans slid over the barrel to "hide" the extra length....

KF

Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the repost of the link.  I'll have a review by Friday, hopefully.  The last time I ordered from K-Var they took 1 day to ship from Las Vegas to Salt Lake, I hope the same is true for a kit.

I wonder where the barrels were made?  I'm guessing they're not US made, as it would be a selling point.  No matter.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:04:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Follow this link.  I remember seeing the pics before asshunt banned me....

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68165
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Asshunt?  hat
I was hoping to have the kit two days ago, but it hasn't arrived yet.  I'll give a call and ask for a tracking number on Monday, although I'm fairly certain that nobody in my neighborhood would rip off a package on the steps of someone's house.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#6]
The fake can should be able to "screw" onto the FSB.  The can will need to be fabricated so it's long enough to extend to the end of the barrel with about an 1/8th of an inch of barrel protruding....make sense?

KF
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The kit arrived the other day, it's exactly as I'd hoped.  The barrel is chrome-lined, and the gasport has been drilled in the barrel already.  It's ready to be pressed into a riveted trunnion.

Kudos to K-Var for a great product, maybe they can get someone to turn out a few fake suppressors for them to sell in conjunction with this kit?
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top