Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/30/2002 11:56:10 AM EDT
Well finally got my new Krink from Ohio Rapid Fire, problem lining up an FFL on my end.

5.45x39 Bulgarian parts kit, OOW receiver, Arsenal FCG and pistol grip, permanently affixed can and pinned skeleton stock.

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:58:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
cool! let us know how it shoots and holds up.

Well THAT isn't very encouraging!  How it HOLDS UP?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:59:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't mind Campy....He's got a loose screw...HeHe.....loose screw.  Campy is "screw-gun" guy.  I think he raises an eyebrow at any weapon that has rivets....

That's one fine looking rifle.  I've had the opportunity to watch the gunsmiths at Ohio Rapid Fire at work and I know your weapon will hold up just fine.

Go run a thousand rounds through it and let us know how hot that barrel gets......Hint: you may want to borrow the barbecue hand mitten to hold the front end!

Happy Shooting!!!!!!

KF
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:10:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually Freak, ORF uses the Campy screw method for assembly.  Button screws that they then weld the heads so they look like rivets.  Makes me wonder how hard it would be to do myself... but I am technically challenged, so I think I'll pass.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Okay, you're calling me out on this....

"I handled your weapon first.....nah-nah-nah-nah-nah......"

I spoke with Mike and actually saw him working on your Krink.  I came up a few days later and saw the finished product.  Looked at the screws and noticed he did a great job.  I saw some of their rivet guns and they turned out just as good.

So, you see, I know your weapon will hold up just fine!  Let's see some action photos soon!!

Take care,

KF
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Shit, if you handled it first I'm sending it back... hasn't been fired and its covered under the inspection period still... Either that or Mike needs to give me a partial refund... it has commie cooties now!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I spend a good amount of my time up at Rapid Fire.  Good people, good discussions, and lots of weapons to play with!!!

KF
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#8]
 I had my mitts on it before the Freak got to it and it was treated with ANTI-COMMIE COOTIE barrier spray, as we anticipated his arrival.

That dude came out real nice Hiram, and I hope that it serves you well.
 I think that Mike enjoyed building a rifle for someone of your celebrity here on the board. I got a kick out of it when he told me who it was for.

Chuck
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
 I had my mitts on it before the Freak got to it and it was treated with ANTI-COMMIE COOTIE barrier spray, as we anticipated his arrival.

That dude came out real nice Hiram, and I hope that it serves you well.
 I think that Mike enjoyed building a rifle for someone of your celebrity here on the board. I got a kick out of it when he told me who it was for.

Chuck

LOL, celebrity?  Is that what we are referring to the bane of the board as these days?

Celebrity, now that is rich!  Than again Carrot Top and Gilbert Godfried are celebrities so maybe it isn't the compliment I thought it was...
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:40:40 AM EDT
[#10]
 Then lets go with "colorful personality"

Chuck
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top