Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/12/2012 5:54:16 PM EDT
I'm really considering picking up an M85 parts kit, but have never fired one or even seen one in person.  I REALLY like my Tula Krink, so am considering one of these as well as some others.  Pictures or information about what receiver to get for an M85 is much appreciated!
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Since I already have the slightly more desireable M92 Krinkov, I've been thinking about an M85 Krink as well.
I just can't get over my lack of desire for a 5.56mm Kalashnikov. Hopefully nobody will post a sweet picture of their M85 Krink in this thread to entise me.
Regarding a receiver, I would recommend an NDS receiver.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#2]
My F1 goes in the mail tomorrow.  Gonna build it on a NDS under folder receiver.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Since I already have the slightly more desireable M92 Krinkov, I've been thinking about an M85 Krink as well.
I just can't get over my lack of desire for a 5.56mm Kalashnikov. Hopefully nobody will post a sweet picture of their M85 Krink in this thread to entise me.

Yea I hve the M92 as well on a 74U LLC receiver.  The M85 looks tempting.  I just don't want to be kicking myself years from now when the kits dry up.  Pictures or info anyone?

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 10:22:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yea I hve the M92 as well on a 74U LLC receiver.  The M85 looks tempting.  I just don't want to be kicking myself years from now when the kits dry up.

I hear you man.....but I have that feeling about every sweet AK that I see.
If you are really thinking about the M85, but are still on the fence about it, you could always pick up a parts kit and recevier and sit on it for a while. I think there's more of a demand for Bulgy .223 Krinks, but I'm sure there will always be collectors looking for one.

Link Posted: 11/14/2012 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I was gonna just pick up one of the Yugo M85 PAP pistols and throw an underfolder on it after I got my stamp....damn S/N location!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 7:48:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was gonna just pick up one of the Yugo M85 PAP pistols and throw an underfolder on it after I got my stamp....damn S/N location!!!!!

How available are original M85 steel mags?

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Available, but not cheap. $35 and up. I was holding out for more funds to get the M85 at Sportsman's - kit with 4 mags $539. I held out too long.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, $35-$45 each would have been my guess. And I would want 8 correct mags and two Yugo mag pouches if I were gonna pull the trigger on an M85.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess I'll go ahead and buy one with 4 mags.  Might as well.  I really wish 74U LLC would make a receiver for it though.  After building 6 guns on their receivers, I no longer like NoDaks at all.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 10:49:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I guess I'll go ahead and buy one with 4 mags.  Might as well.  I really wish 74U LLC would make a receiver for it though.  After building 6 guns on their receivers, I no longer like NoDaks at all.

What do you like better about the 74U receivers?
I've only used NDS receivers for builds, so I'm curious.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#11]
All of the little details.  They really do look like the real receivers.  Spot welds, engravings, and the fact you can choose your serial number so it matches your parts kit.  Well worth the extra price and wait IMO.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Not sure what is to dislike about 5.56 ak. I have 5 of them and and a M85 kit on the way. I find the 5.56 AKs greatly help in the accuracy department especially with the amount of quality ammo available.  Also helps with caliber consolidation if you care about that.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was going to do the same thing until I found out the serial number shit, and by that time I already missed the boat on the good deals.

Circle 10 magazines are supposed to work just fine in these guns.

If you really want a M85 kit, go here

http://armsofamerica.com/krinkovm85partskit223withchromelinedbarrel-1.aspx

He has them on sale right now for $499, which is by far the cheapest out there, about $170 cheaper then anyone else.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure what is to dislike about 5.56 ak. I have 5 of them and and a M85 kit on the way. I find the 5.56 AKs greatly help in the accuracy department especially with the amount of quality ammo available.  Also helps with caliber consolidation if you care about that.

It's not dislike of the caliber.....I'm just more of a Traditionalist AK collector, and therefore prefer the three Traditional calibers: 5.45x39, 7.62x39, and 7.62x54R

I've been thinking about doing one 5.56 AK SBR for real grab-n-go usage, but it would probably be a Bulgarian side folder with black poly furniture. If I ever decide to pull the trigger on an M85, it would be purley for collecting purposes.

Link Posted: 12/9/2012 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm finishing up a M85 pistol build for a customer on NDS Y556 receiver, I test fired it last week. It was just a function test, but there was little recoil and functioned smoothly. The kit I'm building came from the Sportsmans Guide and came with an unmarked US barrel, the barrels are finished on the chamber end like the Bulgarian Krink barrels. The barrells are virgin so you have to cut the extractor relief, handgaurd retainer slot, gas port, ect. The selector stop plate must be slotted out so magazine can contact the of the receiver, if not it won't strip rounds out of the magazine. I milled out the receiver so it's upgradable for a double hooked trigger; but I'm using the original trigger, dissconnector(modified to get rid of FA compacity) and hammer. It's actually a pretty crisp trigger. If you don't use the original trigger group you have to modify the after market hammer so it latches into the dissconnector because of the difference in the bolt height between the NDS receiver and the original.

Link Posted: 12/12/2012 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm finishing up a M85 pistol build for a customer on NDS Y556 receiver, I test fired it last week. It was just a function test, but there was little recoil and functioned smoothly. The kit I'm building came from the Sportsmans Guide and came with an unmarked US barrel, the barrels are finished on the chamber end like the Bulgarian Krink barrels. The barrells are virgin so you have to cut the extractor relief, handgaurd retainer slot, gas port, ect. The selector stop plate must be slotted out so magazine can contact the of the receiver, if not it won't strip rounds out of the magazine. I milled out the receiver so it's upgradable for a double hooked trigger; but I'm using the original trigger, dissconnector(modified to get rid of FA compacity) and hammer. It's actually a pretty crisp trigger. If you don't use the original trigger group you have to modify the after market hammer so it latches into the dissconnector because of the difference in the bolt height between the NDS receiver and the original.

Great post. Can you please elaborate on what exactly you have to do the hammer?  Thanks much.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 1:10:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Great post. Can you please elaborate on what exactly you have to do the hammer?  Thanks much.

When you buy a NDS Y556 receiver they give instructions on the hammer mod. On the back part of the hammer the top edge needs to be beveled, to bring the top edge back closer to the dissconnector. NoDak doesn't give any measurements on how far or at what angle. I might have an answer for you at a later date, the customer likes the feel of the factory trigger. But he wants to try it out and decide if he wants to go with a double hooked trigger at a later date. But what I can tell you is what happens if you don't modify the hammer from when I installed an unmodified Tapco double hook G2 trigger  for a fit and function and function test. When the hammer is held back by the disconnector and you release the trigger it misses the trigger sear and the hammer will strike the firing pin.

I finished the build yesterday and am going to phosphate it later today, I'll post some pics.
Link Posted: 12/16/2012 12:13:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you don't use the original trigger group you have to modify the after market hammer so it latches into the dissconnector because of the difference in the bolt height between the NDS receiver and the original.

Must be an issue only with the M85, cause of the 20-some AK's I've built or helped build on NDS receivers, exactly zero have this issue.

Have you contacted NDS to let them know about this?

Also, are you sure it isn't gunsmith error?  No offense intended by that, just making sure, since you also failed to install the front trunnion with all the rivets.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you don't use the original trigger group you have to modify the after market hammer so it latches into the dissconnector because of the difference in the bolt height between the NDS receiver and the original.

Must be an issue only with the M85, cause of the 20-some AK's I've built or helped build on NDS receivers, exactly zero have this issue.

Have you contacted NDS to let them know about this?

Also, are you sure it isn't gunsmith error?  No offense intended by that, just making sure, since you also failed to install the front trunnion with all the rivets.

Yes, just M85s, and they are aware of the problem.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:15:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I got back my M85 back from In range and is a nice rifle,  but I would not used  In range again,  you get what you pay for,
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I got back my M85 back from In range and is a nice rifle,  but I would not used  In range again,  you get what you pay for,

Details?
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes please, I was going to be sending a kit there shortly
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm confused here - it looks like you are putting down his work here on 12/23

but if you head over here:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_122/1085586_WTS_Yugoslavian__M85_Krinkov_Rifle___very_nice.html&page=1

I'm proud to presents this awesome New Yugoslavian M85 Short Barreled Rifle (SBR) in 5.56 (.223) NATO Caliber. This Rifle is rare and will get harder if they ban them!!!.This gun has a USA made barrel. Built with great care and attention to detail by Troy seller from In Range,http://www.inrangec2.com/ with a outstanding NoDak Spad LLC Premium receiver. buy with confidence, you will not be disappointed!

NOTE: This is the Short Barrel Rifle (SBR) With a pinned M85 Krinkov Barrel extension fake can. this is one of the best can made, from Tactica lcreations M85 these can be screwed onto the existing threads on the front of the rifle to make it a legal 16 inches long. These are made out of 6061 T6 aluminum. The threads on these are 26mm by 1.5 LH threads and 7 1/4 inches long. The top outside dia. is .990 and the bottom outside dia. is 1.3855 the inside dia. of the bore is approx. 1/2 (.50) of an inch. M85 to bring out to legal length for rifle. It is SOLELY the BUYERS responsibility to verify the legality of this firearm or parts in their jurisdiction. All NFA rules apply.

In this custom package you receive:

New Gun made by In Range, Built on a NEW Yugoslivian Parts kit.
Factory New Yugoslivian (1)-30 Round

I test fired this rifle a couple times with 0 problems, nothing at all, loads, feeds, functions, and fires everytime,

Be sure your FFL will accept from a private seller. and your FFL01 will send me a copy of his FFL and their phone number as well to verify, USPS money order only $1350.00 plus shipping CONUS only, first i'll take it rules!!!

I may want to trade FACE TO FACE within 35 miles of 60856 (plainfield il) for M1 Garand ie (IHC rifles) or USGI M1 carbine WRA

You seem to be praising his work when selling it on 12/31.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused here - it looks like you are putting down his work here on 12/23

but if you head over here:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_122/1085586_WTS_Yugoslavian__M85_Krinkov_Rifle___very_nice.html&page=1

I'm proud to presents this awesome New Yugoslavian M85 Short Barreled Rifle (SBR) in 5.56 (.223) NATO Caliber. This Rifle is rare and will get harder if they ban them!!!.This gun has a USA made barrel. Built with great care and attention to detail by Troy seller from In Range,http://www.inrangec2.com/ with a outstanding NoDak Spad LLC Premium receiver. buy with confidence, you will not be disappointed!

NOTE: This is the Short Barrel Rifle (SBR) With a pinned M85 Krinkov Barrel extension fake can. this is one of the best can made, from Tactica lcreations M85 these can be screwed onto the existing threads on the front of the rifle to make it a legal 16 inches long. These are made out of 6061 T6 aluminum. The threads on these are 26mm by 1.5 LH threads and 7 1/4 inches long. The top outside dia. is .990 and the bottom outside dia. is 1.3855 the inside dia. of the bore is approx. 1/2 (.50) of an inch. M85 to bring out to legal length for rifle. It is SOLELY the BUYERS responsibility to verify the legality of this firearm or parts in their jurisdiction. All NFA rules apply.

In this custom package you receive:

New Gun made by In Range, Built on a NEW Yugoslivian Parts kit.
Factory New Yugoslivian (1)-30 Round

I test fired this rifle a couple times with 0 problems, nothing at all, loads, feeds, functions, and fires everytime,

Be sure your FFL will accept from a private seller. and your FFL01 will send me a copy of his FFL and their phone number as well to verify, USPS money order only $1350.00 plus shipping CONUS only, first i'll take it rules!!!

I may want to trade FACE TO FACE within 35 miles of 60856 (plainfield il) for M1 Garand ie (IHC rifles) or USGI M1 carbine WRA

You seem to be praising his work when selling it on 12/31.

Picked up this gun the other day.  I bought the gun from this listing and it is really well done.  I haven't fired it yet but the build quality is really nice.
Of course I stumble upon this now so I'm always a dollar short and a day late.  I am happy with my purchase though.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 11:03:02 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a full length M90 and M95A built on an NDS-Y556 receiver. Yes, you will have magazine fitment issues. Yes, a standard AK trigger will give you problems. These issues can be easily resolved. If you like the quality of Yugo AK's I recommend you get the kit you want before they're gone. Correct magazines are a bit scarce and pricey. When demilled full length M90 and M95 (about $400) rifle kits came in in limited numbers (IIRC around 500) and only 50 demilled M85 kits ( about $1500), the magazines were $29. In this climate, $40 for a difficult to find magazine is understandable. Other 5.56 AK mags will work but need modified; unless you're lucky. Galil mags work too but the bottom of the mag latch tab will have to be welded and milled/filed to add material for a secure fit. If anyone needs more info don't hesitate to ask. I have a virgin M85 kit from Atlantic Firearms that's waiting on a receiver from Harlan. I'm a whore for Yugo AK's!!!
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top