Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/24/2009 6:54:39 AM EDT
Just picked this up Tuesday.  First Krink and first NFA.  Ahhhhh, the beauty......

Link Posted: 10/24/2009 8:02:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Let me be the first to welcome you to the club

It took me a while to get on the NFA bandwagon also but the second I had my 5.45 in my hands there was no looking back. Glad you can experience that too, it's a NICE feeling.

Z
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#2]
2nd  

Love it!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#3]
She's a beauty.
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll throw out a quick range report when I get it out tomorrow.  I just got back from Kinko's making a scaled down, laminated copy of my application and tax stamp.  I got about 7 mags loaded up.  I can't wait.
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Come on over to my house, we'll break it in right. Bring Rube and Nictra when you come

Z
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Come on over to my house, we'll break it in right. Bring Rube and Nictra when you come

http://zenphotos.net/file/Online/SVD/ZenAmmo-001.jpg.JPG

Z

Damn TX-Zen!!! As I have said before I will say again; you have all the good shit and ammo to boot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#7]
It's Krink fever that drives me, and now it has FlaDev too!

Z
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://zenphotos.net/file/Online/SVD/ZenAmmo-001.jpg.JPG

Z

Thats purty        It may be the around New Year's, but im going to make a trip down there!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I know Nictra and Rube for sure!  I also couldn't help noticing the ammo dump.  Most of which is Russian....except for that curious looking green box.  That one's definitely Serbian manufacture.  I should know.  Last year, I ended a relationship with a Serb for four years.  I can read, write, and speak it but the beauty is her parents never knew how fluent I was!  Worked out great.  There are a TON of 'em here in Jacksonville, between the Serbs, Bosnians, and Croats.  I still have quite a few friends that are ex Yugo's.  They see my AK's and it's like being reunited with an old friend.
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#10]
alright ZEN, you've taunted me enough!

Let's set a date and I'll drive down there with all my toys and my mags and ammo.

Op, love your PG on that krink! Very nice! I'm thinking I'm gonna have to pick up a set of those repro vented HG's from http://www.mjmissel.com/index.html

Congrats on the long wait being over!
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 7:00:47 AM EDT
[#11]

very nice looking....

i think you understated it, it's not a club but more a fanatical cult

Link Posted: 10/26/2009 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

very nice looking....

i think you understated it, it's not a club but more a fanatical cult

A fanatical club that I've already been a part of for far too long.  My new Krink represents my 4th Kalashnikov.  I'll most likely acquire one or two more in the future.  I'd never be without at least one.  I bought my first nearly 15 years ago as soon as I was legal.  AK's have been my fav since before I was even old enough to own.

And Nictra, I'm actually not crazy about that PG.  It's probably the only thing I'm going to replace on it.  I'm going to get one that's darker.  One of those maroon colored ones to more match the later 80's style.
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#13]
FlaDev,

IM me your addy, I have an old bakelite grip with a little cosmetic issue that I will happily send you, kind of like a welcome to the Krink club gift.

Pics in this auction (decided not to sell), and this is what it looks like mounted.

Z

Link Posted: 10/26/2009 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Let's set a date and I'll drive down there with all my toys and my mags and ammo.

I'll PM ya so we don't crap on the thread

Z
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

FlaDev,

IM me your addy, I have an old bakelite grip with a little cosmetic issue that I will happily send you, kind of like a welcome to the Krink club gift.
Pics in this auction (decided not to sell), and this is what it looks like mounted.
Z

that's a hot looking grip. OP, I really like the galil grips. I had my gunsmith who does glock grip work do a texture on mine. Here's a pic or 4

ETA:

they also fit real nice on the PG reinforcement plate

The only thing that needs adjustment is the inside, unless you use a real shallow PG nut. Also I had to shave a tad off the left side underneath to clear the trigger. They feel just awesome in the hand. The only other grip I've had that was better was my S12 one shown here.

I like big pics

Link Posted: 10/26/2009 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#16]
So I gotta ask FlaDev...how long was the entire NFA approval wait?

I got "pending" as of August 11. And most of the time I try to forget how long it will take, but then I see posts like this and it's like COME ON!
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 6:47:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I got "pending" as of August 11. And most of the time I try to forget how long it will take, but then I see posts like this and it's like COME ON!

It took a lot longer than it should have because I bought it out of state.  Obviously, this is my first NFA.  I won the auction at the very end of December.  Sent a check out around January 3rd or so.  The forms to transfer from Minnesota to my local Class III here in Florida was complete around the middle of April.  I sent everything off and was received on April 27.  Went pending June 18th and was FINALLY issued on October 14th.  It would have been about a week or so earlier but I needed to mail a second signed copy along with a fax of a couple documents from my Trust.  All together, almost 10 months.  Although it could have been done a helluva lot quicker had I bought a kit and had a builder slap it together.  All in all it was worth it.  While this is my first NFA, it sure as hell won't be my last!
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 6:51:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
FlaDev,

E-mail sent.  Sorry Zen, I don't know how the hell to receive an IM on here.

Z

Link Posted: 10/28/2009 9:27:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It took a lot longer than it should have because I bought it out of state.  Obviously, this is my first NFA.  I won the auction at the very end of December.  Sent a check out around January 3rd or so.  The forms to transfer from Minnesota to my local Class III here in Florida was complete around the middle of April.  I sent everything off and was received on April 27.  Went pending June 18th and was FINALLY issued on October 14th.  It would have been about a week or so earlier but I needed to mail a second signed copy along with a fax of a couple documents from my Trust.  All together, almost 10 months.  Although it could have been done a helluva lot quicker had I bought a kit and had a builder slap it together.  All in all it was worth it.  While this is my first NFA, it sure as hell won't be my last!

Congrats man, I am looking at another month or two then.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:34:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks to Tx-Zen I've replaced the grip to show a more "period correct" look, if you wall.  And no, I didn't go as far as having the Cyrillic marks put into the receiver.  I seriously doubt I'm going to go that route.  I have 7 Russian plum mags (all sanitized, unfortunately ) that fit rather well.  The German Bakelite that came with it seats just fine but sometimes you have to push it a little harder to get it seated.  All the plums I have (shiney and matte finish) seemed to insert a little easier.  Plus, they look pretty cool.....

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:50:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Definite improvement with that maroon colored Russian grip.  Also, it took its first visit to the range Sunday and did perfect, as expected.  I was at 25 yards (because that's the only firing line I could access at the time) and my groups started at least a foot from center around my 8 o'clock.  My trust sight pushing tool got that handled, with help from a pair of pliers.  I didn't do any rapid fire as it's not possible at that range.  But I never had a single solitary issue.  Very typical of the Kalashnikov platform.  

Also, I should point out that my groups weren't any larger at 25 yards with my Krink than they normally are with my full-sized AKS-74 in 5.45mm.  Now, granted, it's 25 yards and I'm anxious to run it at 50 and 100 but it's still surprising to see that within 100 yards a full-sized bore will barely out perform it.  Intuitively, you just wouldn't expect a barrel that short to be so accurate.  Definitely my new favorite gun!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice pics!

(That grip does look good )

I think you'll find the Krink reasonable out to 300 yards, maybe a bit further. I've had really good luck with mine at 300 yards, or at least if I'm having a good day anyway. I haven't grouped it but my unscientific observation is that 1988 Bulgy Circle 10 has been the best shooting batch so far, 1976 Russian #539 has been the worst (shot poorly in all my 5.45 rifles). I've heard of some guys that shoot 500 yards with their Krinks too, but I don't think that's a realistic distance that I could score hits at. In any case you ought to safely be able to tear it up at 100

Z
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:55:02 AM EDT
[#23]
hey fladev, where in Fla are you at?  I'm down in South Fla, maybe we can have a Krink Day if youre local.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd be up for getting in on that in a hearbeat but I'm up in Jacksonville, the opposite end of where you are.  But if you make it up this way some time make sure you shoot me a message and we'll hook up.  There are a couple ranges in the area and even one (Lake City, which is an hour to the west) that's free!
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top