Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/20/2006 4:45:53 PM EDT
what is a rough price for a maadi ak? the one i have has wood furniture and but a black plastic grip. Im doing this for a friend. Any estimates are greatly appreciated. The rifle is used with minor scratching on the furniture but the metal parts are all in great shape. thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked one up 1 month ago,(2002 manufacture) for $320. Very good shape, with 273rds of Winchester 7.62x39 and 75rds of what looks like Yugo 7.62x39. Seller said it would frequently double on him and he was a little concerned and wanted to get rid of it. New trigger group fixed that and it works great
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I picked one up 1 month ago,(2002 manufacture) for $320. Very good shape, with 273rds of Winchester 7.62x39 and 75rds of what looks like Yugo 7.62x39. Seller said it would frequently double on him and he was a little concerned and wanted to get rid of it. New trigger group fixed that and it works great

It may have doubled on him because the Winchester ammo has soft primers and the Maadi has a free floating firing pin.  I wouldn't use most US made ammo.  Stick to Wolf or something else with berdan primers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:31:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Most of the Maadi Aks I've seen (if they accept normal double stack mags, not single) run $400 and up depending on when they were imported. If it was a thumbhole Maadi and you've added all of the needed US parts, that should be worth a little more.
Link Posted: 8/28/2006 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw one for 399 U.S. at a gunshow this weekend.  I don't know if that was good or not.  I ended up getting the Century yugo underfolder with new barrel that was sitting right beside it for 5 and some change.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 1999 model that has no problems with any ammo and the firing pin is a free floating as well.Theres pics of it in the AK discussions.Its a post ban pin on AK74 brake with cleaning rod under the barrel but has a seperate pistol grip and all wood furniture.It does have a single claw trigger.
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Between $325 and $475, depending on the model.  I paid $500 for one that is the long barrelled version, with Ruski furniture, arsenal stamps, and a serial number under 500.  It appeared to be unfired.
Link Posted: 9/10/2006 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#7]
To get mine I traded an auto ordnance 1911 with 1 wilson mag and I got the rifle,6 mahs and 250 rounds of ammo...old norinco steel case marked 89
Link Posted: 9/11/2006 4:34:40 PM EDT
[#8]
How much for a RML?  Its got a beautiful set of Romainian furniture andthe finish is flawless.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2006 5:00:31 AM EDT
[#9]
If you can get a Maadi of any make for less than $350 you certainly got a deal. I have two at this time. An ARM and A MISR. I had the MISR returned to it's original glory by having the neutered barrel pressed out and having a chrome lined romy unit pressed in. I also had the necessary compliance parts installed and the rifle was refinished. It is a flawless example of a MAADI  and is about as close to a Soviet AKM as you will get. I have had offers for $600 for it with ease. And considering what US made AKM rifles are going for I think it is easily worth it considering mine is a real import AKM recieivered rifle in a Soviet Plant. I plan on doing something similar to the ARM but it will end up with a MAADI side Folder on it to replicate an actualy Egyptian Military AKM.  I feel the Maadi's are good investments considering what domestic  AKM rifles are selling for these days. There will never be anymore of the Maadi rifles imported count on that. So get them while you can.
Link Posted: 9/18/2006 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Methinks I will just keep holding on to that RML Maadi I bought all those years ago... My SAR-1 gets all the attention but I sure do like that Maadi. What is the going rate nowadays for the RML?
Link Posted: 9/18/2006 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I have observed people asking more for the RML, but I have also noted that fewer people actually buy the RML in comparison to the ARM or MISR. I believe the RML to be more of a niche in comparison and something someone has to really be looking for over the standard MAADI rifles. I think pesonally they are awesome guns however.

Link Posted: 9/19/2006 1:52:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Last weekend I bought a Maddi ARM, NIB with all accesories, cert., etc. for $350.

Link Posted: 10/16/2006 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Seller said it would frequently double on him and he was a little concerned and wanted to get rid of it. New trigger group fixed that and it works great

It probably doubled because it was one of the guns century imported and it had the pot-metal trigger group. Just get a good steel one from TAPCO and they are good to go.
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 2:56:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I am new to the AK world but picked up a MISR S/A stamped on one side and "made by MAADI CO IN Egypt - Importer CAI  St  Alb VT" on the other.  What's the story on these? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I have owned 3 so far and they have cost me between $325 and $350.    When I see people paying over $400 for a new WASR-10, I believe that a Maadi RML or ARM for $400+ would still be a bargain.  The MISR is still worth $350 these days although it is a little lower quality.  
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top