Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/12/2006 4:19:26 PM EDT
I stopped in a gunshop 50 miles from my house and setting there staring at me was a butt hole stocked maadi. I saw that it was a intrac arm so I picked it up. When I flipped it over I saw a extra Y stamp. I got very interested very quick. I like my other intrac arm but thought that one with a "Y" would be really sweet in some nice reddish laminate(ironwood). The gun is clean and has a bright bore so I asked the owner how much he wanted. He said "350" and I made a ugly face and the he said that cash would buy it alot cheaper. I said "How cheap?" He said"275" I then said if thats OTD I will go get cash. He nodded and went to the atm. I now have in my grubby hands a Intrac ACC imported Knox ten maddi 4,xxx serial number withe the elusive extra Y. Here are the pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/hank_612/IMG_0193.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/hank_612/IMG_0189.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/hank_612/IMG_0186.jpg
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:43:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice find,  Good pix of the second Y.  Would look good next to my RML Pars.  I know you will enjoy it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I am working with Z recto to get a reddish laminate stock set now. I think the muzzlenut will stay in place to make 922 compliance easier.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#3]
No go ahead and slant comp it, when the Z-recto stocks arrive, please remember to post a pic here and on AK NET. You have a 4,000 range serial number like mine, I have a russian laminate and brown maadi grip on mine and it looks as close to a Russian AKM or Styer import as I can get it!, My muzzle nut actualy loosened on its own after about 300 rds and I just replaced it with a slant comp cheap from [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll post a few pics when I get the new stock.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Here are some pics of my stock set that  Z_recto made for me.

and the bake lite mag ( Izhevsk) I bought for it

I have a slant(us) and a russian p grip( thanks stottman) waiting to go on.  I have swapped trigger parts and gas pistons already.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Here are some updated picks. I put the stock set on this afternoon.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Very Purty!! Me like.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:32:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Very nice indeed, kind of makes you glad you got it, sitting there in that poor old gun store waiting for the right owner. Lucky you came along and picked it up, definatly a keeper now.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:17:12 AM EDT
[#9]
That is gorgeous!  Nice find!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Pardon my ignorance - but what ballpark are these worth? I found one just like the one picktured above (the odd butt stock and all). What does the Y symbolize and how does that affect worth?

I'm curious also as to the quality of these Egyptian AKs?

The one I found is a Maadi, imported by CAI (?) and does have a Y stamp on the left side. The only other marking I remember is "ISR-20".

Any info appreciated, I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying.
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top