Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/4/2006 9:58:40 PM EDT
Don't understand whats going on here! lately I've seen Maadis going for $300 to $325 , thats the price of a wasr10 and in my opinion a far cry from a maadi!
these are the same guns built by and on russian machinery, seems some of the maadi I was told had russian caretakers overlooking the egyptians at first to make sure they were building them  correctly after the egyptians bought toolings and mach. from russia, just look at the weld spots and rivets and thats a prime example of russian influance,
just seems funny that a high quality AK is going for so little when new garbage is being dropped in by century for more money.I know it shoots good but big quality differences!
I have owned mine for several years now and have shot it quite a bit and never a jam, misfire or anything, and very accurate. you'd think they'd be worth more!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I paid $310 for mine back in 2003 then the SAR1s were more expensive
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I paid $350 for mine in 96 or 97 and now there still the same price! I hav'nt seen any new Maadis brought in lately so youd think they'd be at least in the $500 range , I love mine and have many others but still love my Maadi! Oh well maybe some day!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:42:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I spotted a MAADI RML on a person just comming into Gun Show here in Ohio and with a trade I wound up giving him $300.00 for it.  It is new and I am sure never been fired.  I was hit on as I carried it through the show no less than 5 times from people wanting to buy it.  Two were dealers and they said it was worth $400-$500.00 solid.  Another shooter that was from KY (Knob Creek) said it would go for around $500.00 there.  I am happy camper as this is the third MAADI I have owned and, sad to say, I sold or traded them.  Good shooters. [
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I have never heard of a maadi that didn't shoot good or that was a piece of shit, the only thing I ever had a problem with was trigger slap but thats a easy 5 minute fix, like I said I have had many, many, AK's in the past and own several now and I still love & have old'e faithful, supershooter ,
It would be hard to let it go for $500, knowing what I know and seeing what I've seen these are one hell of a AKM

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Who is the importer?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Spaceghost,

How do fix the trigger slap problem? I'd be interested in correcting mine too.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Spaceghost,

How do fix the trigger slap problem? I'd be interested in correcting mine too.

Thats an easy fix! call Scott at DPH arms here in NC and he's got G2 fire control groups for like $30, it takes about 5 minute to change and very limted ability! I like the G2 because of the nice fitted trigger and pull! very comfotable to shoot , best thing I have ever done to an AK!
The importer is CIA ,St Albans VT
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I just picked up a Maadi MISR S/A that is in great shape for $300.  It is a nice beater gun.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a Maadi RPM.  Thing had trigger slap from hell.  One day I compared the bolt carrier on the Maadi to a Bulgy AK74 and a Polish PMKMS kit I had.  The Maadi's machine work was the poorest of the 3 by a long way.

That being said, I still think the Maadi's are one of the better guns for an AKM clone.  I would stick with the ARM version with the tacked welded barrel nut.  Got to get the US parts anyway so the trigger slap should not be an issue.

Oh, the Stery Maadi's are acceptable also  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Ive seen many maadi's and I think mine must be different than some! it truely is jam up and nice, great mill work on bolt, nice fit, finish etc, and I have many to compare too!
I don't know what to say, I have a friend that had two rpm's w/ 20" barrels, what junk I thought that was, very crude looking and I thought even the barrel looked bent,
The one I have is awesome and one of my favorite shooters, alot of people want to check it out all the time!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:34:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Space ghost LOL your maadi and mine look like identicalk twins................just waiting on warmer Indiana weather to go kill some paper plates with mine at the range!
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top