Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 8:12:47 AM EDT
I ahve a Maadi with a thumbhole stock, can I swap out the thumbhole one for the standard pistol girp and stock set? If not what must be done to the stock to complete this? Thanks Medic17
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:51:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on which model of Maadi it is. If it's an older one, and not the Chinese/Egyptian mutt that came out more recently, all you need is to correct your parts count and you can install any buttstock and Pistol Grip combination you want. If the muzzle is threaded you will need 6 US parts to be compliant, 5 if it is plain. PG and FCG are very easy to install, and that's 4 parts. Magazine parts are relatively cheap and easy, but I for one don't like using them unless absolutely necessary. If it's an older import Maadi, the back of the receiver should be at a 90 degree angle; this is much more common and so much easier to find stocks for. Check out the FAQs in either the AK discussions or the Build sections, and that will answer more questions for you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Okay I dont have it infront of me right now, however if its a newer one what will I have to do? Or will will I be able to find parts that would make it work. THnaks
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:39:09 AM EDT
[#3]
If it's a Chinese/Egyptian mutt, it may have a slant cut receiver, in which case you can still find stocks for it, but they are harder to get, and possibly more expensive. The main question is: does you rifle already have the high capacity mag well, or is it a low-capacity? The chances of a high capacity model being slant cut are much less. When you get a chance, take the buttstock off the rifle and look at the  back of the receiver. If it makes a 90 turn from the bottom to go up the back of the receiver, you are golden. If it does anything else, it's a slant cut. I personally would probably work on the FCG and the stock set for my compliance parts. Depending on what material you want for the stocks (wood or polymer) you can get all 6 parts for about $120 or so. Pics of the gun with and without the stock attached would be really nice to help figure out what has to be done.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I looked at it and its a 90 degree reciever that accepts hi caps. So does that mean any standard AK stock will fit on it ie Russian Polish ect? Well while I am atl of asking the silly questions, if I were to get an extra parts kit for this rifle who would I have to go through? Would I be able to use a Polish, Bulgarian, or Ugo bolt or trigger group or do I have to stick with Egypt parts IE Maadi? Thanks Medic 17
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top