Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/11/2006 12:17:53 PM EDT
Im about to do some horse trading..

It is a Maadi with a 20in bbl and regular stock, looks like Russian wood, and I dont see anywhere a bi pod would have mounted on it..

Is this some sort of a mod , or is it a real configureation?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#2]
There were 2 versions with 20" barrel as stated above, the RPM and the RML. I can't remember which was what, but a few came into the country with bipods, most did not. I like mine, makes a pretty cheap RPK clone, even if it's not exact.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Would it be worth a Polish UF kit and $100.00.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Polish UF are running about $180-200 ish right? If that's the case, I would personally say yes, but that really depends on if you want a long barrel AK or not. It will never be an exact RPK clone because the barrel is longer, but not any heavier. It is kind of cool, especially since you say it has a regular stock. Unless it's 922 compliant, its got to be a pre-ban, in which case it is definitely worth that much. Also, check to see if it has muzzle threads or not.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Muzzle threads, Yes

Bayo lug, No...(but it could not be used anyway, also the lug is there, it just looks like it was never slotted and the gas block is to far back)

Looks like it has Tapco FCG in it. and US pistol grip.

I have a couple extra UF kits, and have been trying to tell this guy that he should keep his rifle ( he is an AK fan) and just buy a UF kit.

If I have to do this to keep it in the "ARFCom" family I will.

Otherwise I hope he snap's out of it!.
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top