User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2004 7:26:57 AM EDT
Just wondering.

Link Posted: 7/16/2004 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, with a pic like that... I'll be a fan with you!  Nice pair.

I just ain't got one.

Sly
Link Posted: 7/16/2004 8:13:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/16/2004 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Well all right!  The sounds of crickets chirping in the Maadi forum was beginning to get on my nerves.
Link Posted: 7/16/2004 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a Maadi ARM with a Soviet laminated AKM stock set,I love that AK.
Link Posted: 7/16/2004 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Shhhhhhhhhhhh- Don't let the word get out.  Keep things quiet.  Move along.  Nothing to see here.

More Maadi's for me!  
Link Posted: 7/16/2004 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine is a MISR model, it's a bit rough finish wise, but it will clean up nicely.
I'm keeping it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2004 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#7]

I have a Maadi ARM with black polymer furniture

Link Posted: 7/17/2004 12:00:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's mine , 2 weeks old ( To Me ) 300 rounds down and ???????  to go

Link Posted: 7/18/2004 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an Intrac Maadi RPM with the 20" barrel. I got it from a fellow board member, and I love it. Mine has authentic russian RPK furniture, and sometimes wears a bipod. The machining and finish of most Maadis leaves alot to be desired, but they sure shoot good. My buddy has one also, and his will bump-fire like crazy! I found a nib Intrac ARM the other day for $350, but had to pass due to lack of funds.
Link Posted: 7/18/2004 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a MISR-10, sorta.

I got a ID stockset and a tapco FCG and milled it out to full cap mags.

Love the little thing.

Bumpfires like a dream with the new trigger group.
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got a 16" Maadi.  I'm glad I went Egyptian.
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#12]
My maadi started off life as such

Then later became the following
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My maadi started off life as such

img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/mbakercad/Firearms/Maadi_RPM_Thumbhole.jpg

Then later became the following
img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/mbakercad/Firearms/RPK-47_40rd.jpg

Sweet!

Nice iron you have there mbakercad.

Sly
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks, I post the pics every time I get a chance  
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Maadi's have always been my favorite.  I'm an AK fan from way back,.  I reember as a kid all the SOF ads with Claco Ak's, a butt-laod of mags and a crate of ammo for $350!  But, the articles of the time always stressed that the Maadi was the closest to an original , and they're the only AKs I'll own.

It's also a sentimential thing as it was the first and only AK I've ever had to look down the barrel of!
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 12:26:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Here is my Maadi

Link Posted: 8/3/2004 12:46:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#18]
A Maadi is on my want list.

I just need the money and then to find a mint one.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks Lumpy, I just replied to your PM.

Ripcode-  Mine pictured above was a beater....get one cheap and do it yourself!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Ripcode-  Mine pictured above was a beater....get one cheap and do it yourself!!

That one was a beater?!?!  

Holey Moley!  You do good work!  
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 11:20:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I got one Im not sure of the model, seems smoother then SAR-1a I have shot.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 11:48:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a Maadi, it is not very much to look at, but it shoots real good after I figured out how to keep the trigger pins from walking on me all the time
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 11:59:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That one was a beater?!?!  

Holey Moley!  You do good work!  

Thankyou, but I'm serious when I say that it is an easy job.  Refinishing the furniture is simple, and the rest isn't that big of a deal either.  The wood is what everyone sees, and it is the easiest part.

Try it yourself, the worst that happens is that you strip the finish off and try again.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm new to Maadi's and need some info. I found one today in a pawn shop that has a Dragunov type synthetic stock on it that makes it look like the reciever is slant cut. Do any of the Maadi's have slant cut recievers? It says Maadi on the lower reciever and it may just be the stock making it look this way. It has a bayonet lug but no flash hider. Could this be legal or is it some cobbed together, stay away from piece? If it is legal, the price was $389 and I would rate it in good condition. Is this a fair price? Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 9:09:24 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't think that is that great of a price.  The slant receivers are not very desireable, but you can get replacement stocks through ironwood.  You can also cut the stock yourself and reshape it.  I picked up my Maadi for $225, but most will run a bit more.

If you are looking for an AK, the SAR-1s are probably most available and cheapest right now.  The reason I wanted a Maadi was because it is the closest thing I could get to a Soviet AK.  A slant cut negates the semi-Soviet attributes, so I wouldn't bother.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for the info, I have an SAR-1 and I love it. This one would be for a friend of mine that's looking for one and we can't find any SAR's. May have to go with a hi-cap WASR.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Stickman, any chance that that Brown/Red pistol grip is U.S. made?
If so where did you get it?
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#28]
I want to say that it is, but I can't remember 100%.  I believe I got it through Global Trade.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Stickman, you have exactly the look that I want.

The wood will be refinished. (Laminated like you have.) It's roughly done, but you can see the potential just waiting to be "released".
I'm in the process of getting a dual theaded adaptor to allow me to use a U.S. slant on my Maadi.
It's turned into a major PITA, but I'm plugging along.
Determination is a funny thing.
I may keep the original FCG, cheaply made, but verified as U.S.
I'll decide on the possibility of an upgrade once it's done.
I'll need (2) more parts, if I don't want to use U.S. followers and floor plates so I'm guessing that a piston and P.G. are the best bet's.
I like the Brown-Red like yours but am having no luck in finding a U.S. made version.

It sure would complte the look that I'm trying for, but it's beginning to look as though I will end up with a black plastic, or get an Ironwood laminated to attempt a match.
I sure do like that Brown-Red plastic though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#30]
mbakercad - Awesome Maadi!  What kind of bipod is that one??
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Thanks, I'm quite proud of it.  As for the bi-pod, Bulgarian...?  It came with the Bulgarian RPK47 barrel assembly.  The barrel is much larger dia than the RPM.  Not sure what it would take to get that bipod to work on a standard size barrel.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks, I'm quite proud of it.  As for the bi-pod, Bulgarian...?  It came with the Bulgarian RPK47 barrel assembly.  The barrel is much larger dia than the RPM.  Not sure what it would take to get that bipod to work on a standard size barrel.

How'd you get it to work on your's??

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 7:07:13 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Had the entire barrel assembly replaced.  It now has a 23" heavy barrel.  This was installed on the RPM receiver and front trunion by Inrange.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Had the entire barrel assembly replaced.  It now has a 23" heavy barrel.  This was installed on the RPM receiver and front trunion by Inrange.

Argh... well that explains why it looks so good.........

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 9:01:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Do the RPK handguards and butttock drop into the Maadi RPM or is minor fiitting involved?

And where'd you get that heavy barrel?????
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#36]
My Maadi's barrel is not threaded.  I looked into threading it for after the ban but I don't think the barrel end is thick enough to thread it.  I picked up a brand new AK barrel assembly a while back.  It is still attached to the barrel trunion and is basically everything forward of the receiver.  I was told that it was laser cut off of a rifle.  Does anyone know:

1.  How hard it would be to install the barrel on my AK?

2.  Someone who could do it for me if it is beyond my abilities (and about how much it would run).

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Do the RPK handguards and butttock drop into the Maadi RPM or is minor fiitting involved?

And where'd you get that heavy barrel?????

The RPK handguards will fit the RPM with minor fitting on the lower.  Cannot remember the parts name, but the bezel that the lower fits into is much larger on the RPK.  So just have to cut down the lower to fit the smaller part.  The buttstock should fit without modifications.

The barrel assembly came from K-Var over a year ago.  I do not think they have anymore in stock.  The Romanian RPK barrel assembly is slightly different and is close in design to the Russian.  Those kits pop up from time to time but many have shot out barrels.  However I have heard of some that are useable.  I would have rather went this route but I did not want to gamble....the Romanian would have been cheaper too.

FYI, I have read a few rumors that a stamped reciever RPK may be offered in the near future.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

The barrel assembly came from K-Var over a year ago.  I do not think they have anymore in stock.  The Romanian RPK barrel assembly is slightly different and is close in design to the Russian.  Those kits pop up from time to time but many have shot out barrels.  However I have heard of some that are useable.  I would have rather went this route but I did not want to gamble....the Romanian would have been cheaper too.

FYI, I have read a few rumors that a stamped reciever RPK may be offered in the near future.

Argh.. well I guess I will see what I can do with my Maadi RPM to make it RPK-like.
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top