Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/29/2002 5:18:52 PM EDT
I just bought a Maadi at the gunshow today. This came with a thumb hole stock and a threaded barrel, no welded nut, just bare threads. Can I put a pistol grip stock set on? I have a Plastic Bulgerian set I'd like to use. I also bought a slant break for it. Do I have to add US parts also? the rear sight has 93 stamped into it, I was told this is when it was made. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you were told correctly.  The 93 is the year of production.  The gun is post-ban and will require US parts for a pistol grip to be legal.  You can use whatever furniture you want, as long as it's for a stamped gun.  Milled bulgarian buttstock won't fit (the part that goes in the gun will look oval on a milled stock, and a stepped square on the stamped).  You need the right number of US parts to be legal no matter whose furniture you use.

Ross
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Ross,
Does the slant break need to be pinned and brazed? I have the stock set allready and it does fit, I was told it was Bulgerian with a US pistol grip. How many US parts do I need? I have a MISR that was sold to me with US Made mag floorplates and followers. Does a gun made in 1993 need all this stuff?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:24:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup, it's a post-ban and needs all those parts.  You need 5 US parts for a stamped gun (like the Maddi) without a muzzle device, and 6 US parts with a muzzle device.  

The law says no muzzle threads, so you should permanently attatch whatever you decide to use on the muzzle.  There were a bunch of post-ban guns brought in with functional muzzle threads like your's, but the law says, no muzzle threads.  I don't know how to permanently attatch one.

I'd recommend you look into one of those US made AK-47 type muzzle brakes that have a bigger hole for 7.62.  They work better and look cooler than the slant (unless you like the slant-type for historical accuracy) and it will give you a US part you need.

Ross
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top