Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/1/2009 10:14:02 PM EDT
I have a Maadi receiver cover that the original owner painted a weird color and I was thinking about stripping it and repainting to match the rest of the gun.  I know Egypt was famous for their cheap finish, what is the best way to duplicate that?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say a can of flat black from krylon and a handful of sand.
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#2]
mine was more like semi gloss or satin.  definitely not flat.
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 5:25:50 AM EDT
[#3]
yea, they are semi-gloss.

I think I will redo mine in SATIN though...
Link Posted: 5/16/2009 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Sears Latex and an old broom.

Seriously, some enamel would probably work fine and I wouldn't worry about style points.
Link Posted: 5/16/2009 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a spare receiver cover from and old parts kits that was rusted so I decided to hit it with some spray paint and I actually got it to look pretty close to the original Maadi finish, now the question is do I spray paint the receiver cover?

Link Posted: 7/5/2009 1:43:25 AM EDT
[#6]
i use krylon bbq spray paint...it matches my maadi perfectly,

I had the barrel cut down to 16in and the fsb replaced...of course the finish was taken off, so I just sprayed her down with the bbq paint and you couldnt tell the difference.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Dura coat in HK black
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top