Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/3/2007 4:18:15 PM EDT
Just picked this up today. Ken Kubin of Global Military Gunsmithing did the work for me. Egyptian kit.

I'd originally asked for "original Maadi markings". In retrospect I should have specified Arabic markings. I almost ended up with English markings. He asked the question before they engraved, and I asked Ken if they could do Arabic (?) marking, as in a real Egyptian Army rifle. At first he said they could, but was informed the engraver couldn't do it. I went with Russian markings instead.

The build is great. Fit and finish are excellent. The rifle was fired before shipping. Compliance parts installed include a Tapco FCG and gas piston, a US slant comp and of course a Nodak receiver.

I wasn't shooting for a historically accurate piece with this one. I may eventually try to dig up either a Russian or Arabic rear sight leaf. I may also throw some Egyptian furniture on it as it came with Soviet wood. The lower handguard matched the wood on the Soviet build I just had done, which had a temporary Egyptian handguard, so I swapped them out.

All in all a great build from Ken. I don't know if I'll ever do another build, but if I do I'd definitely have no reservations about Ken and Global Military Gunsmithing!

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top