Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/27/2007 7:37:33 AM EDT
My local funstore has one in stock.  Asking 700 OTD, no scope, hard case, one mag.

Decent deal?  The gun looks clean, brand new.  Barrel, receiver, stock all look new.  Looks like a laminated wood stock...

I've been saving for an AR build, but this girl just tempted me.  

Anything I should know about them?  I already have a 91/30 so I know how the 7.62x54R can hit.  I also know the surplus I shoot out of it is corrosive as hell.  I figure I'd probably use retail ammo or reloads in the SVD just to keep it clean.

I've also found a scope.  Anyone have any negative issues with ebay's  POSP 6x42D scopes?

I'm still looking for a source for more magazines.  

Any help would be great.

Adam
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:28:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#2]
If it was a real Dragunov, I'd tell you to run as fast as possible back to the gun store and punch everybody in your way to buy it, but it sounds like you have a Romanian Marksmanship rifle known as the PSL, or FPK, or ROMAK 3, or SSG, or w/e name they come up with this time.  It is not the same rifle as a Dragunov, but the cool thing about it is that i can switch parts in and out with AK's. I've been waiting since August on a waiting list for one of these PSL rifles, so if I saw that rifle at that price, I would pick it up in a heart-beat.
Dragunov.net This should help out a lot.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks,

I checked out Dragunov.net and saw the four platforms.

I will have to take some notes and inspect it more closely.

Right next to it was two "AK76 in 8mm" that looked pretty similar to the "SVD" in question.

Looking through the FAQ, it looks like it might be a ROMAK/PSL.
12: "I bought a Dragunov magazine online and it doesn't work. Why is that?"
The easiest way to tell a Romanian mag is by the X on the sides.

http://www.dragunov.net/psl_tigr.htm

Pictures, show the top one.  The gas return tube mounting system, the flash suppressor, etc all look like the ROMAK in question.

I found the "AK76"

Yugoslavia
Zastava M76
http://www.world.guns.ru/sniper/sn65-e.htm
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top