Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 9:12:54 AM EDT
I wondering if it might be possible to get BAR mags to work with it but I've not seen one in person yet and not seen any good pics on the web that show the mag area good. Anyone know about the possibility of doing this? I've been wanting a Super VEPR 308 but this project may intrest me more
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds cool. I have never thought of the BAR thing before.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Only mag fed 30-06 with more then 5rd capacity I could think of. I'm not all that familar with the BAR's though hopfully one day I will be But for now the Saiga is more in my price range.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only mag fed 30-06 with more then 5rd capacity I could think of. I'm not all that familar with the BAR's though hopfully one day I will be But for now the Saiga is more in my price range.

I didnt know they made a 30-06 saiga....Do you mean .308?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:40:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

there was talk of saiga rifles in common hunting calibers being imported.  30.06 and .270 IIRC.  i saw the pictures a year or two ago.  they were even more "sportorized" looking than the saigs we have now.

i've been out of the loop for a while, so i don't know much else.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are made, I had heard they will be available here not sure if they are yet or not, I did find an ad advertising them.
The rifle www.raacfirearms.com/Saiga_100.htm
an Ad I found. www.armsofamerica.com/images/ArmsofAmericaSept_ad.pdf
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, i saw that
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah, i saw that

Oh I agree it isn't pretty at all, none of the SAIGA's are in stock form but along with the mag conversion I'd want to send it to Tromix
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#8]
IIRC this is a remington style 4 shot mag. God I wish someone knew. I want a boxfed 30-06 to go with the Garands.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=90460
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:
I wondering if it might be possible to get BAR mags to work with it but I've not seen one in person yet and not seen any good pics on the web that show the mag area good. Anyone know about the possibility of doing this? I've been wanting a Super VEPR 308 but this project may intrest me more

I brought this up a while back, but got no replies.  Would definitely be interesting!  On a side note, Stanley's (saigacentral) did have '06 Saigas in stock last time I was there...never got around to looking at one, as I was to busy fondling the S12 I was about to buy
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
IIRC this is a remington style 4 shot mag. God I wish someone knew. I want a boxfed 30-06 to go with the Garands.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=90460

About what I was thinking except maybe with either a Dragunov style stock or a RPK style stock and a side rail for scope.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top