Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 8:04:17 PM EDT
Ok, I currently have a 762X39 vepr and am thinking about trading a buddy for a .223 vepr instead. What say ye? I have read in some places that an ak is not as dependable in .223 because of the design, is this true? I am trying to standardize on the .223 caliber with ar's, but do not want to compromise my reliability. Anyone in the know? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:49:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Lol, I am think of the exact opposite...trying to get mostly 7.62x39.  I am not sure, I guess if you want a .223 then I would do it.  Not sure about this, but I would say that it is a rarer gun in that caliber.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:21:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ok, I currently have a 762X39 vepr and am thinking about trading a buddy for a .223 vepr instead. What say ye? I have read in some places that an ak is not as dependable in .223 because of the design, is this true? I am trying to standardize on the .223 caliber with ar's, but do not want to compromise my reliability. Anyone in the know? Thanks

If you dont trade him let me know, I have a 5.45 I have been looking at trading for a .223
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#3]
jmhat.......My .223 caliber AKs have been reliable so far. I have over 200 rounds through a Saiga .223 conversion with no problems. All my AKs are now .223 or .308. I am not gonna suffer with a shortage of ammo again. Trade.You will be happy with the .223s accuracy.........
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If you buy some piece of junk .223 AK that has a crooked and canted everything on it then you probably will have a problem but I have had zero problems with my .223 Vepr and .223 Saiga. As far as the trade it just depends on what you want I guess. I would be apt to hang on to my 7.62X39 and get a .223 Saiga and convert it. Just my two cents. Or you can wait for the next shipment of Veprs and get a new unconverted one for $600ish.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top