Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/16/2006 4:42:54 AM EDT
Finally picked up a Dragunov type rifle. Really nice gun came with 5 mags and all the accessories. Wanted one for a long time figured I better grab one before they get even more expensive and harder to get.    

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:07:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:14:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hmmmm, purdy...........

So is your screen name a typo?

LOL !!!!!! No actually it isnt . Thats nuts didnt even see that.  

Matt D Nolan  aka MDN
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Be sure to check with CDNN for the correct firing pin.  They were recalled a few years ago for slam firing, I believe.

sure looks nice!

Yeah has the SLFP fix on her.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#5]
very nice! thats the 7.62x54R, right? ive seen some that are .308, but i think they were all Norinco...

what'd it set you back?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:00:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
very nice! thats the 7.62x54R, right? ive seen some that are .308, but i think they were all Norinco...

what'd it set you back?

Its the .308 Version and a Norinco actually . I looked at a 7.62x54r Norinco but just couldnt come up with the extra $1500 . I paid a little over $2000 shipped.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:16:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I prefer the .308 version anyway as it's much more accurate than the '54 versions. Good score!
Tomac
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:11:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I prefer the .308 version anyway as it's much more accurate than the '54 versions. Good score!
Tomac

hey Tomac , Your writeups on your range time with yours was a big factor in me getting one. I appreciate you taking the time to document it all so well.  

the lack of any good ammo for the 54r was a factor in my decision for sure. Nice to go to any gun shop and walmart and grab ammo for it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tomac

hey Tomac , Your writeups on your range time with yours was a big factor in me getting one. I appreciate you taking the time to document it all so well.  

the lack of any good ammo for the 54r was a factor in my decision for sure. Nice to go to any gun shop and walmart and grab ammo for it.

You're most welcome and I agree about ammo availability. Be sure to give us a range report, enquiring minds want to know!...
Tomac
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top