Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/8/2006 5:02:33 PM EDT
I feel the need to acquire another AK or similar. I'm thinking RPK, Vector AK47, or Saiga 7.62x39. What
do you think?

Also, I saw an RPK at:

http://www.southernohiogun.com

Anybody checked it out? Opinions? My budget is probably in the $300-$600 range. I already have a
Vepr II 7.62x39 and a PSL.

Anyway, let me know if the RPK at southernohio is crap.

Thanks.

Sam
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a nice NHM91 and replace the thumbhole stock. Should keep you in your price range .

Or grab some SKS's .
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:14:52 AM EDT
[#2]
NHM91? Is that the Chinese Dragunov? Where can I find one? I'll start with Auction Arms and Gun Broker
for now, thanks.

Sam
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Get a nice NHM91 and replace the thumbhole stock. Should keep you in your price range .

Or grab some SKS's .

Agreed, the NHM 91 are nice.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:18:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Global trades rifle that is very nice as well and it has a 1.6mm reciever. The one I got has the very nice blond furniture on it and they are under $600. An Rpk would be cool to if they were built good.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:15:41 AM EDT
[#6]
The Global Trades looks nice. I wish they had black synthetic furniture. I guess I can fix that myself, though.

How's accuracy?

Sam
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Having seen and shot both the Vector and the Global/Arsenal guns, I can say that they are pretty much the same product.  Both are very nice.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:21:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:51:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope, all I have is the Vepr II, a Norinco SKS, and an SSG-97 (FPK, or PSL, or Dragunov clone, or whatever ).

I was thinking that I either wanted an RPK, or a more traditional AK. I don't think I really want a folding
stock, but if I do get one, I'd like an underfolder. I was thinking of something with black poly furniture,
but that can be change to poly later....  I dunno. I'm pretty open to suggestions. I haven't heard anything
great about WASR's. Anything else to avoid?

Sam
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The Global Trades looks nice. I wish they had black synthetic furniture. I guess I can fix that myself, though.

How's accuracy?

Sam

I believe they can do black furniture if you go to there web page. My accuracy is mucho better than my WASR but not as good as my Vepr.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:19:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How's accuracy?

Sam

I believe they can do black furniture if you go to there web page. My accuracy is mucho better than my WASR but not as good as my Vepr.

+1 for VEPR accuracy.  My KTR-03V is surprisingly accurate.  Much better than I'd come to expect from an AK.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top