Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 4:34:11 AM EDT
Hey all, I've heard you can't use the scope rail on the verp II's because it won't let the scope hold a zero.  Anyone know if this is true? I've been thinking about picking up a PSOP scope and want to get some info first.
thanks
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:00:20 AM EDT
[#1]
There seems to be some mixed opinions on this, I have a VEPR .223 and optics have not been a problem.

From Robinson Armament website:
www.robarm.com/mainpage.htm

There are several mounts for the VEPR.  Some of the original VEPRs imported (mostly in .308 and .223 cal. and sold with wooden thumbhole stocks) came with a scope mount with integral rings.  These scope mounts were calibrated (aligned with the bore) to the rifle for which they belonged.

The scope rings of the original mount were very close together so the scope could not be moved back and forth to adjust for eye relief.  The old mount was also not very stiff.  Consequently, there were some accuracy problems, especially when installed on the higher recoiling .308 VEPR rifles.

The New VEPR mount is a Weaver type mount which can accept a variety of sights and other optical devices. The mount attaches the the left side of the VEPR on the scope attachment rail.  The mount was designed so that it is as low as possible without requiring it to be removed to disassemble the rifle for cleaning.  

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#3]
If you read the Robinson web page it was only refering to .308s and I believe thay have stated they have fixed this problem. My 7.62x39 and .223 work fine.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for in info everyone. Hey GenghisKhan are the Veprs you have in the K or the II modle?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#5]
The scope on my Vepr is dead on. Never had any problems with it not holding zero.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for in info everyone. Hey GenghisKhan are the Veprs you have in the K or the II modle?

The VeprK and the Vepr2 are the same thing with the K barrel being shorter. That said I have a .223 VeprK and a 7.62X39 Vepr2.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top