Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/20/2006 8:37:52 PM EDT
do such things exist?  those vepr .223's look pretty sweet, but NY still has a hicap ban in place :-(

also, with the vepr .223 handle 5.56 chamber pressures?  will it shoot Q3131 safely?

thanks
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:42:42 AM EDT
[#1]
You have a couple options.

1. You can buy Bulgarian Waffle mags for 5.56 and they work fine(at least they do in my .223 Vepr)

2. You can buy the plastic follower from Robinson and tweak the feed lips on a 74mag to look like the Robinson mag that came with your gun. (If done properly they will work great.)

3. You can buy the mags already done from Robinson arms. They work great and in my opinion go in and out of the mag well better than my fancy pants bulgarian waffle mags.

4. I have never tried the Chinese mags and do not know if they will work.

5. I have heard the German mags do not work well.

6. I have heard of guys tweaking the rifle and making Galil mags work with the Vepr but have never seen it or tried it. (I did with my .223 Saiga though at it works great.)

I have heard of some guys using unconverted 74 mags with only 20rds in them and they worked OK but I have never tried it yet either.

Those are all the options I know of but there may be more. The 74 mags are very easy to find and Robinson sells the followers so it is not a big deal. It is esier to get .223 mags than cheap 7.62x39 ammo at this moment. LOL I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#3]
fossil_fuel,

Get one. You will not regret it.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top