Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/24/2006 12:37:07 PM EDT
HERE is a big thead that I'm sure you know about.

What do I need to do to make it fit my VEPR? I dont want to use the OEM sling studs. Since I have the ultimak "handguard", I figure I need one of these......

What needs to be done to the stock?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Cut a slot in the top rear of the stock to accept the sling loop.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#2]
so thats it eh? cool.

Biggerstick, first off thanks for answering all my questions, and secondly, from picts I saw of your vepr, dont you have a similar sling to the one I'm talking about?

Can I be a part of the Georgia VEPR mafia?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
so thats it eh? cool.

Biggerstick, first off thanks for answering all my questions, and secondly, from picts I saw of your vepr, dont you have a similar sling to the one I'm talking about?

I wouldnt suggest it, But you do meet 2 of the qualifications.........But then again its up to you man. Arent you near cumberland mall somewhere if so your right between me and him! Well, if we take the interstate.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
so thats it eh? cool.

No problem. The sling I use is a Spec-Ops Mamba sling, which works very similarly to the one you are using. And as far as the VEPR mafia, hell yeah!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:57:20 AM EDT
[#5]
As far as the weaver mount for the front you can go to walmart and get a marlin levergun scope mount and it will line up with the holes already in the forearm then just decide what fastners you wnat to use use to fasten it on. It worked like a charm on mine at least.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:40:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Arent you near cumberland mall somewhere if so your right between me and him! Well, if we take the interstate.

I'm up in Lawrenceville, so kinda close but not really.

EDIT:  OH. also. Here is a mount for those silly M4 CAR stocks.

What about taking one of those and attaching it to the VEPR stock? Better than just milling a slot  or not? Is there a HUGE advantage to having a lil' swivel action back there?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:43:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Arent you near cumberland mall somewhere if so your right between me and him! Well, if we take the interstate.

I'm up in Lawrenceville, so kinda close but not really.

EDIT:  OH. also. Here is a mount for those silly M4 CAR stocks.

www.bravocompanyusa.com/images/Img445.gif

What about taking one of those and attaching it to the VEPR stock? Better than just milling a slot  or not? Is there a HUGE advantage to having a lil' swivel action back there?

I put a swivel in mine to begin with, and didn't like it. It made it difficult to shoulder the weapon without getting the strap between you shoulder and the butt stock. By moving the sling to the top (like an M4 stock) it made shouldering the gun faster and far more comfortable because it moves the contact point out of the way.

The sling I use is a Mamba sling:

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top