Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 8:15:04 AM EDT
Ok I wrote Krebs and asked about doing a run of conversions to make the VEPR .308 accept Galil mags. And they said they would do it. I have to call them and get all the details. But they said that they will have to do them all at one time and we will need atleast 5 people. I think this is a great oppurtinity for is to get out from under the thumb of robinson. If we this goes through were gonna be paying 20 bucks for redily available galil 12 rounders as opposed to 40 bucks for 5 and 10 round VEPR mags. And if you want to jump to a 25 rounder they are also available. Spread the word they are only gonna do this 1 time. And we may get a better price for more guns.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I may be interested...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#2]
After carefull consideration, I have changed my mind on this conversion. But IF you guys still want to have it done I would set it up with Krebs. So if you know anyone else with .308s let me know.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
After carefull consideration, I have changed my mind on this conversion.

Why, pray tell???
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
After carefull consideration, I have changed my mind on this conversion.

Why, pray tell???

He added up the cost of the conversion (a guess of $125 to $150), the cost of shipping back and forth $40, then the cost of at least 5 mags $100. He already has 3 VEPR mags, and only wants 3 or 4 more, so  the cost out-weighed the benefit.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I figured up that even on the cheap side that conversion is gonna cost me 125 plus atleast 40 bucks to ship back and forth. Plus buying 5 galil mags at 20 bucks a piece, which would cost.  265.00
Even if I sell my 3 vepr mags for 30 bucks a piece thats still gonna cost me 175
Or I could just spend 120 bucks and buy 3 more vepr mags and not have to worry about shipping rifles and magazines and all that crazy trash. If I could have had it converted to G3 mags it would have been a different story.
But like I said If anyone is still interested I will still set it all up for you guys. Even though nobody seems to want it done.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it possible for him to convert a .308 Saiga to accept unmodified Galil magazines?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:04:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is it possible for him to convert a .308 Saiga to accept unmodified Galil magazines?

I believe so, I think I have seen that conversion done on this site. You can also try Tromix, they can do it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeah, I figured up that even on the cheap side that conversion is gonna cost me 125 plus atleast 40 bucks to ship back and forth. Plus buying 5 galil mags at 20 bucks a piece, which would cost.  265.00
Even if I sell my 3 vepr mags for 30 bucks a piece thats still gonna cost me 175
Or I could just spend 120 bucks and buy 3 more vepr mags and not have to worry about shipping rifles and magazines and all that crazy trash. If I could have had it converted to G3 mags it would have been a different story.
But like I said If anyone is still interested I will still set it all up for you guys. Even though nobody seems to want it done.

You only have 3 mags for your rifle?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats what it came with. But I plan on buying more. See I am a PO white boy and 40.00 a pop along with all the other stuff I have going right now just aing happening. Btu I am gonna start getting more soon.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thats what it came with. But I plan on buying more. See I am a PO white boy and 40.00 a pop along with all the other stuff I have going right now just aing happening. Btu I am gonna start getting more soon.

Plus the fact that there haven't been any on the market in quite awhile, other than the occasional 5rd for $40.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Tromix won't do the Galil mag conversion on the Saiga 308. I just asked Tony about it. Will Krebs do it??
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Kreb's said they won't do it or the M-14 conversion for liability reasons. I have seen moded Galil mags over at Saiga-12.com, but you need some skill with a welder to get it to work. Maybe the guys at Saiga Solutions will make something for us 308 owners once they get the 10 round S12 production going.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top