User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/21/2005 10:04:05 PM EDT
http://www.ak-103.com/nfa.html

The saiga?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:31:47 PM EDT
[#1]
nothing any longer, after the ban ended in Sep they were legal for civvies like us, unfortunately he sold out of those long ago.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:33:59 AM EDT
[#2]
It can only be sold to leo or ffl holders. We can then buy it from the ffl.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:40:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Ha yer all wrong.

Execpt for the shot gun they are all select fire weapons and as such are all probably post 86MGs which can only legaly be sold to LE or .gov agencies but not us little people.(I think those are siagas as well don't know AKs well enough though.)

I don't know why the shot gun is listed as LE only but it may actually have to do with the whole import ban thing(unless it has the required parts count, then they are just being pricks about the LEO only thing)
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:08:46 AM EDT
[#4]
since he asked about the Saiga i didn't try and explain the post samples.

only a small number of Saiga 12C's were imported (rumored to be 100 or less).  They were limited to LEO's since they weren't AWB legal since they had folding stocks.  once the ban ended they were all scooped up in a hurry by civilians, they jumped in value practically over night.  one sold recently for $1500, before the ban ended they were selling for around $600.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Seems to me people would be jumping through hoops to import these again.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:15:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
since he asked about the Saiga i didn't try and explain the post samples.

only a small number of Saiga 12C's were imported (rumored to be 100 or less).  They were limited to LEO's since they weren't AWB legal since they had folding stocks.  once the ban ended they were all scooped up in a hurry by civilians, they jumped in value practically over night.  one sold recently for $1500, before the ban ended they were selling for around $600.

Unless they have the requisit parts count, as in if they were imported with the folding stocks and in "AW" configuration then they are still not legal for civilian sale as the 89 import ban is still in effect on them. Now if they were brought in as "sporters and then converted here with the required number of US made parts then there is no reason they are LEO only execpt that the seller decided that.

Are the post samples not saigas? Like I said I don't know AKs all that well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#7]
the 12C's were imported with the folding stocks and pistol grips installed, which is why they're so desirable.

the post samples were built from Saigas but the donor rifles haven't been available for a while, they really need to update that webpage.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top