Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/21/2005 8:08:10 PM EDT
Hi all,

Please excuse my ignorance....

I have done a little research already, and it does not seem that you can mount a hunting type scope directly above the upper receiver on a VEPR.   All I have seen so far are the Ultima mounts, which work great for red-dots and such.

I am looking to mount a Leupold scope to my VEPR.  I havent received the rifle yet, they are on backorder and I have one coming my way.  

Is there any solution to this?   This is my first high power rifle, and I want to take advantage of the range capabilities.  I have an Armalite .223, with an ACOG, and to me it only makes sense to give my VEPR some high mag glass........

Any info is greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:43:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I pesonaly realy like the Russian scopes themselves. I think they are a good deal for the money.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's one of the best options available. Side-Mount
It allows you mount your Leupold scope and still retain the quick release capability of the AK side rail. Should return to zero when taken off/on.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys for the fast replies..... I think I like the low-mount scope option.

I appreciate all your help though.

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top