Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/9/2005 2:19:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#1]
its too hard t osee for me.  I can see the trigger part.  but the saftey I don't see.  

either way  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#2]

but the saftey I don't see.

Safety is definately off.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#3]
It's hard tell even from the close up if his finger actually is on the trigger. I think it is.  

I can understand the motivation for having the safety off. With an AK it will take and extra second or two put take it off. But never never ever put your finger on the trigger unless you are ready to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/rwkerstetter/capt.jpg

+1
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Yea, but hammer might be down, just rack and shoot.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

its a ak.   when the bolt is closed the hammer is down.  you can see the charging handle is in the forward position
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Given its Chechnya......can't blame the guy with riding the trigger.  I think Ogrish, has enough reasons (video) for one to be at the ready, even if it means finger on the trigger.

Then again.....I'm nice, and warm, thousands of miles away, resting on an armchair.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#8]
anyone else think he has an exceptionally big honker?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

its a ak.   when the bolt is closed the hammer is down.  you can see the charging handle is in the forward position

Not necessarily. If he dry fired it then put the mag in. the hammer would not be down and the bolt would then be closed. As stated above "Just rack and shoot" which is faster and easier than taking an ak off safe, this is not an uncommon way of carrying in situations where civilians, especially women carrying children, are present.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:57:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Not necessarily. If he dry fired it then put the mag in. the hammer would not be down and the bolt would then be closed. As stated above "Just rack and shoot" which is faster and easier than taking an ak off safe, this is not an uncommon way of carrying in situations where civilians, especially women carrying children, are present.

yeah but what Chechen  would be smart enough to do that
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#11]
How the heck is it faster to rack the bolt than to just flip the selector to fire??

Keep your friggin thumb around the grip and just flip the selector down with your middle finger. Almost fast as an AR.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How the heck is it faster to rack the bolt than to just flip the selector to fire??

Keep your friggin thumb around the grip and just flip the selector down with your middle finger. Almost fast as an AR.

Go try it. Hold the rifle down by your side and pull it up and snatch the bolt to the rear and release it. Then hold it by your side and take the safety off........See which is easier.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
anyone else think he has an exceptionally big honker?

Noszeilla. LOL
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#14]
The Lady is kinda cute
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

yeah but what Chechen  would be smart enough to do that

If the chamber is empty, what fucking difference does it make which position the hammer is in?

If the situation is so difficult that  he needs to be instantly ready, maybe carrying the weapon at some semblance of a ready position would help.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It's hard tell even from the close up if his finger actually is on the trigger. I think it is.  

I can understand the motivation for having the safety off. With an AK it will take and extra second or two put take it off. But never never ever put your finger on the trigger unless you are ready to shoot.

Probably is ready to shoot, Last month in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil the cop riding shotgun is literally riding shotgun with an M-16 jutting from the window, and watching them when they dismount it looks like they are ready to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm a career Army guy, now in Public Affairs, hence the name PAO Puke, and weapons handling in 3rd world countries sucks @ss han !! Hadji Soldier had no clue 'bout how his open bolt weapon functioned !!
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top