Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/27/2005 8:34:02 PM EDT
Looking on Robarms website it shows that they are selling the promag cheap ass mags for 17.99. Why are they not going with the Bulgarian ones with the 10 in a circle like KVar sells. I believe that Robarm used to supply the Bulgarian ones, at least thats what I got with my Vepr.
Link Posted: 10/27/2005 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Looking on Robarms website it shows that they are selling the promag cheap ass mags for 17.99. Why are they not going with the Bulgarian ones with the 10 in a circle like KVar sells. I believe that Robarm used to supply the Bulgarian ones, at least thats what I got with my Vepr.

Probably a parts count issue. VEPRS use to have six parts U.S. made, one more than needed since they usually sold with out a muzzzle attachment. These parts were the stock set and Fire control group. By throwing in the Pro-Mag, I would not be suprised if they did away with the 3 piece FCG. I have heard wholesale pricing on the Pro-Mags is around $10. Cheaper than a FCG. Of course my speculation only concerns the 7.62x39 rifles.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 7:17:55 AM EDT
[#2]

The ATF banned importation of mags

Just kidding the atf hasnt banned anything that robarms sells.

From what I gathered taking to them they got a "deal" and bought a bunch of the promags and thats why they started sending them out, but they didnt know that promags are crap, so now they are stuck with them. They said they arent going to buy any more promags.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:41:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Sad thing is somebody will buy a new Vepr and use that promag and when thier rifle jams they will think they got a bad weapon. If Robarm was smart, they would get rid of those cheap mags, sell them on Gunbroker or something and only ship Bulgarian mags with thier rifles like they were when I bought mine.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If Robarm was smart

I hate the fact that Robinson has anything at all to do with the Vepr. They have a great rifle and don't give a damn about it. Wasted potential.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If Robarm was smart

I hate the fact that Robinson has anything at all to do with the Vepr. They have a great rifle and don't give a damn about it. Wasted potential.

What exactly do you want to see them change on it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]
They dont need to change anything on the gun. They need to change thier business practices of how they handle the weapon. They wait untill they are totally out of anything to order it and tell thier customers, "It'll be here in two weeks," "We're waiting on the Russians" and other excuses. If they would just order their product well in advance and not spend all their time worrying about the race they are in to come out with the next big ninja weapon. and spend a little time caring about the VEPRs and doing some R and D on them and get us some freaking 20 round .308 mags, and not wait till they are ready to make a folding stock for the XCR and copy it for the VEPR. and just make a folding stock for the VEPR they would not have all the bad publicity they do have. I love my VEPR and hate Robarms. But thats just my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They dont need to change anything on the gun. They need to change thier business practices of how they handle the weapon. They wait untill they are totally out of anything to order it and tell thier customers, "It'll be here in two weeks," "We're waiting on the Russians" and other excuses. If they would just order their product well in advance and not spend all their time worrying about the race they are in to come out with the next big ninja weapon. and spend a little time caring about the VEPRs and doing some R and D on them and get us some freaking 20 round .308 mags, and not wait till they are ready to make a folding stock for the XCR and copy it for the VEPR. and just make a folding stock for the VEPR they would not have all the bad publicity they do have. I love my VEPR and hate Robarms. But thats just my opinion.

+1 The main problem is that RA doesn't market the Vepr well. They are always out of something and it's always the Russian's fault. For instance, a 10rd .308 mag is about $35. They never have any in stock. If they were really concerned about it I'm sure they could find a company here to manufacture mags for them. Especially when that company could charge $35 for them and they would fly off the shelf. There is also the issue of the damn folding stock. Either make the damn thing or quit blowing smoke up their customer's asses about when they will come out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 The main problem is that RA doesn't market the Vepr well. They are always out of something and it's always the Russian's fault. For instance, a 10rd .308 mag is about $35. They never have any in stock. If they were really concerned about it I'm sure they could find a company here to manufacture mags for them. Especially when that company could charge $35 for them and they would fly off the shelf. There is also the issue of the damn folding stock. Either make the damn thing or quit blowing smoke up their customer's asses about when they will come out.

Well, truth be told, Molot themselves are not very happy with ROBARM as their US importer.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:00:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, truth be told, Molot themselves are not very happy with ROBARM as their US importer.

How do you know that?

IMO, I think Robarm needs to get their heads out of thier asses. They should never be out of a great selling rifle like the Vepr.

Also I would like to see traditional furniture on the Vepr. And for them to stop screwing thier customers with the promags.

Also, why slant cut the reciever? Makes no sense.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
... at least thats what I got with my Vepr.

...At least you got a magazine with your VEPR!!   I got none.  I called Robarm and they said they would ship it to the dealer I bought the rifle from butit never appeared.  

I also stopped calling them because I kept getting the run-around about the wait time on the folding stock.  Very Frustrating!
-JD
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1 I have heard that from several people. As I understand it, they only barely kept the contract from going to another importer. I have been given some rough dealings from Robinson, repeatedly, but I LOVE the gun. I don't care who brings it in, we will sell it. If RA lost the contract it would not break my heart any. As long as the guns kept coming.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#12]
i was going to get a veper but was told lead time was 18 months so i just got an ar15 :(

love the rifle but really wanted a veper...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 I have heard that from several people. As I understand it, they only barely kept the contract from going to another importer. I have been given some rough dealings from Robinson, repeatedly, but I LOVE the gun. I don't care who brings it in, we will sell it. If RA lost the contract it would not break my heart any. As long as the guns kept coming.

Damn, it's a shame someone like you that actually likes the gun isn't the importer.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#14]
So what does it take to be an importer? I mean if robarms can do it hell anyone can.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So what does it take to be an importer? I mean if robarms can do it hell anyone can.

Ain't that the truth. Robarm is a real dissappointment.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#16]
We can only hope Molot dumps them. I'm also sick and tired of the lame excuses.
And they can keep their dumb overpriced stock.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Damn, it's a shame someone like you that actually likes the gun isn't the importer.

The real funny part is that in 6 months I sold almost 100 of his guns, most of which was before we had the retail location, we were the number two company in sales for them. And he still considers us a kitchen table dealer and jerks us around. One day we have this price, the next day we get that price. When I ask him for firm pricing in writing he blows us off. I offer to buy 30 of the XCR's on speculation that they would actually become reality, and have them written up in SWAT magazine for him, and he still blows us off.

It really sucks that Utah is full of dealers and manufacturers who make decisions like drunken trust-fund frat boys in a whore house. If they conducted themselves like real businesses we would not be in business as a retail location to fill the void of quality gunstores, and now that we are we could be making the guys we work with a lot of money. Hell, I would be happy with a little consistancy.

I have to give RA credit, he has taken his business plan and made it work for several years. But we will see how long it lasts. I know his other big dealer is less than happy with him as well for many of the same reasons.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#18]
PvtPyle, what company are you associated with?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
PvtPyle, what company are you associated with?

FBMG, Inc.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I would like to chip in that I have had a few conversations with PVT PYLE and he delivers great customer service and knows about the guns he has. That coupled with good prices means when I order my VEPR K, It will be through him. Or anything else that has to do with VEPRs.

PS. I will be calling you in a week or so about that foregrip we spoke of a while back.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:28:29 PM EDT
[#21]
If it means anything, my 7.62x39 mag had a "Made in China" sticker or something like that on it when I got it.

All this VEPR talk, so jealous I only have one... time to decide on the next one, 5.56 or .308?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:55:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If it means anything, my 7.62x39 mag had a "Made in China" sticker or something like that on it when I got it.

All this VEPR talk, so jealous I only have one... time to decide on the next one, 5.56 or .308?

.308!

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

.308!

i1.tinypic.com/muxylc.jpg

Lookin' good! I bet she'd make a nice elk rifle.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:04:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

It really sucks that Utah is full of dealers and manufacturers who make decisions like drunken trust-fund frat boys in a whore house. If they conducted themselves like real businesses we would not be in business as a retail location to fill the void of quality gunstores, and now that we are we could be making the guys we work with a lot of money. Hell, I would be happy with a little consistancy.

Thats the truth for sure. I wish someone else would get the contract.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I agree i've experienced static from Robinson Armament and yes they keep saying it'll be in in 3 or 4 weeks and also keep saying we're waiting on the russians its a load of BS
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top