Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/7/2005 1:04:25 PM EDT
Please excuse my ignorance towards the AK line of guns. My knowledge is very limited in terms of the different quality levels within the AK manufacturing world. I'm new to this forum so I have made several searches and have found some really great info from you guys. Thanks for the posts.

Through out my searches I understand Vulcan Arms is not a welcomed name because of quality issues on certain products. I did find out from them though via email correspondence that their listed/advertised AK's are made in Russia using Saiga parts. Most of the components are Russian made and of course turned into a US legal weapon.

My question is, have any of you ordered one of these from Vulcan or have a Saiga AK-47? How is it and should I take the plunge? If Vulcan is using Saiga and the rifle is primarily made in Russia, shouldn't it be a good weapon?

I apologize if this has been beaten to death. I'm just a bit skeptical of Vulcan because of the posts I've read. I think Saiga is decent but I'm relying on your expertise and experience in order to make the right decision.

Thanks for the replies and pointing me in the right direction.

John
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Of course the Saiga line of Russian manufactured rifles are sporting weapons when they are imported into the US.
To make them look like AK's they must then comply with US laws for the proper number of US made parts. They still do not have dimples on the mag well.
The Saigas are excellent rifles and make great donor rifles for conversion.
It takes a lot of money to transform it correctly.
With the last point and the fact that you then are reliant upon a decent builder to transform it I would reccomend that you choose another rifle for purchase if it's your first or only AK.
What I would suggest is the Bulgarian manufactured Arsenal rifles www.arsenalinc.com/about.htm depending on what caliber you want I would suggest the 5.45 SLR-105a1r

I personally have nothing against the Vulcan product line as I have no experience with them, but I have never heard anything bad about an Arsenal.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:50:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info Kevin. Will keep looking at my options. Thanks for the link.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top