Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/5/2005 7:37:36 AM EDT
AR guy here. I have a co-worker who has a nephew that they took a Saiga away from him. They have no idea how he got it, but I digress. The bottom line is, they don't want it, know nothing about it, and would just like to get it out of their house.

Saiga, 20", 7.62, in 90% condition.

I have talked with my Gunsmith about the "full AK treatment". I don't know exactly what all this entails, but he is a standup guy and a pillar in the local firearm community.

Any thoughts? I can buy the gun....convert it.....maybe I like AK's! I was thinking $175. Too much? Not enough? I don't want to rip them off, but I want a good deal.......whattayathink?
jj
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#1]
If he is 18 he may have bought it legally and it's now stolen.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I would make sure it is not stolen and offer $200 then convert it my self. If you want an original looking AK I would go with a Vector or Arsenal or something. I converted my .223 saiaga no problem. It is one of the nicer AKs and affordable. I wish they still imorted them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:48:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Who cares - have the local LE run the serial, and if its not stolen, buy it cheap.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Who cares - have the local LE run the serial, and if its not stolen, buy it cheap.

That is my question.......what is cheap? $175?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is my question.......what is cheap? $175?

Yes, $175 is cheap, but fair is when you're happy, and the seller is happy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:26:03 AM EDT
[#7]
If it is leagal and in great shape and you can get it for $175 jump on it. If it is not legal stay away from it with a 20' pole.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If it is leagal and in great shape and you can get it for $175 jump on it. If it is not legal stay away from it with a 20' pole.

Thanks bro'. That is the answer I was looking for. I will check the serial number and if it checks out, then yeah, I'll consider it. If it is not "legal", the guy that asked me about it wants to know. So that he can turn it in to the authorities.......
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top