Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 3:07:40 AM EDT
I have a Saiga 7.62x39 and since I heard the importation has stopped on them I would like to keep it in stock configuration to retain value (if there is such a thing ) And would like to hear your opinions on converting or leaving it stock.

Thanks
-Mike

The rifle wasn't converted in anyway to accept AK mags, just the mags were modified to fit into the Saiga.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I plan on keeping mine the way it is.  I don’t know if it will be worth more or not, but I like it the way it is for now.

BTW. How do you like your POSP scope?  I was thinking of getting one but I have herd that with the longer stock on the Saiga the eye relief is to short.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats the 8x42 POSP and I do have to lean forward an inch from a normal cheekrest position. But it's not really the kind of scope you want to use without a bi-pod. The rifle becomes a bit of a fatass with the bi-pod, scope.

I like it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Id want to pay less for an unconverted saiga cause Id have to convert it if it wasnt. I think youd get more buyers wanting to pay more if it was converted IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I just add a ace stock and plate to my sagia 12. Ordered one for my 308 and a gail hand guard. When I added my 8 x 42 on the sagia 12 with ace 13" LOP the scope is where it should be unlike the sagia stock. that made me order one for my 308 today. It is very easy the add and remove if you want to latter.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#6]
If (when) they outlaw "assualt rifles" again it may pay to have a Saiga because it might not be covered in a ban. A converted gun would. So its hard to say. I did not like the trigger pull being up instead of back on my saiga. So when I saw on this forum it could be converted I went for it, and I much prefer the feel of my converted rifle(.308) M-4 stock SAW grip. I spent more money on parts for my conversoin so I won't let mine go cheap.(not that I would sell any guns anyway, can never have to many tools or to many guns, RIGHT!)
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top