Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/15/2005 5:08:36 PM EDT
I just finished stripping down my .223 Saigia to the stamped receiver.  Now Im having trouble deciding on what stock set to order and from where.  Here is a chance for ANY and ALL to have a say in what the final product will look like.  Post any stock and pistol grip suggestions in here with pics and what site to order it from. Trying to avoid Dragunov stocks as I already have a Romak3.  Anyway get creative. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You could go simple and do the Tapco stockset from Midwest Armory (top of the page).

Or you could do something more interesting, like
Yugo pistol grip from Midwest Armory (5th down)
 plus the PG nut and screw (4th down)
East German folder from Stottman in the EE
And I dunno about the handguards - I'd keep the stock ones probably, but you can grab the Tapco if you still need an easy compliance part.

OK, so I was bored and whipped this up real quick.  

My proportions look a little off, but you get the general idea.

Finally, you might want to look at Thekatar's PK-01 red dot in the EE
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#2]
100 series polymer folder

www.tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:16:38 AM EDT
[#3]
FYI - Tantal is out of the Series 100 stocks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Good choices so far guys keep em coming.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:32:31 AM EDT
[#5]
ACE is my favorite. It has the Galil look and is not plastic. Just my opinion.
http://www.riflestocks.com/ak.htm
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#6]
ACE is the PLACE...  At least on my Saiga-12...

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I had an ACE folder on my Saiga-12, for all of ONE range session. Not comfortable AT ALL.  But would probably be fine on a .223.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I think a folder is out as Im in NJ.  I mean I could mount a folder but I'd have to pin it so that it cant  fold.  I agree with the looks.  Thanks for the suggestions BTW I couldnt wait so I ordered the  AKBML ~  Polymer Stock Set from Kvar.  Not bad looks not a bad price.  Will post pics when the conversion is done.  Thanks again for those who actually participated.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:27:02 AM EDT
[#9]
WoW!  I have shot about 300 rounds from my Saiga-12 with the ACE folder and LOVE it!  It kicks much less than my 870 or 500a.  So much less that the pumps have not left the safe since I acquired the Saiga-12's.  If you shoot slugs then it kicks a little more.  

I'll guess that you don't shoot any 45-70 or any pump shotguns...heck I can shoot my Saiga-12 ONE HANDED with the ACE stock folded and it does not hurt my hand.  If that does not hurt my hand then how can a folding stock hurt your shoulder?  Did you have a recoil pad on the folder?  Also, I can dump an entire 5 round mag from the Saiga-12 before the 1st empty hull hits the ground.  That ain't a bump fire method either just a fast trigger finger.

I had my 870 setup for double pistol grip and changed that sucker back to a full stock after one range session too...MadDog(760)
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Ace non folder.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top