Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/26/2004 5:54:11 AM EDT
With all of the awesome 12 pictures I was wondering what US parts had to be installed to make the conversion to keep them legal. I would like to build one since they look so bad ass. If you could please share some info I would be greatful.

Thanks
Js15
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:15:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Standard AKs require 5 US parts to be subbed in; I used a US-made FCG (hammer/trigger/sear), pistol grip and buttstock in my Saiga-12. I've heard that fewer US parts are required for Saiga shotguns, but I decided to err on the side of caution.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Check over at the Saiga-12 forum, they state only 4 US parts are needed in the Saiga-12 conversion, I used pistol grip & fcg in mine.
Tomac
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's the ATF letter stating that the Saiga shotgun has 13 evil parts:

ATF letter concerning imported firearms
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top