Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/16/2004 3:27:17 AM EDT
OK, I am finally starting to pay more attention to AKs.  I really want a .308 variant.  

Can a folder be put on a Saiga?  I am sure they are out there, but I have to ask.

Also, I read that vepr 308 20 round mags were not in the works.  

Would there ever be a saiga 20 round mag in 308?

I would like a 16" 308 with some 20's and a folder in a duffel bag for a truck gun.

Can I get there from here or should I consider a different platform?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:51:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Any folder for standard stamped receivers will work on the Saiga.  You will have to do a pstol grip conversion, but that's not really that difficult.  Either of these will work and count as an American part:
TAPCO stock
ACE stock

As for 20's, I've heard conflicting stuff from EAA, so either they will not import them, or they will start importing them next summer.  I don't know. There is a guy who has been working on a G3 mag adapter, and he may also be working on mag modifications to allow them to be sed in the Saiga.

The Vepr, as I understand it, has a non-standard receiver, so a folder would have to be specifically made for it.  It looks like the rifle can be modified to accept M14 mags, however.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top