Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 9:59:41 AM EDT
Well, the long awaited VEPR folding stocks are on dispay at the Robarms site. Not many details available (length for example), but I hear that the price is $200 - a little steep for me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:29:07 AM EDT
[#1]
It's $300 after you ship them the rifle and pay for labor.

They have to cut off the top receiver tang and some other stuff.

For another $300 I could get a new VEPR.

They claim they stand behind their work and offer great customer service, but if you ask them a question (like which solvents/cleaners are safe to use) they ask for your serial number, where you purchased the rifle, when you purchased it, and a lot of personal questions that are unrelated to the type of paint they used on the rifle.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I really cant complain about customer service from Robarms, everytime i've called they have been real helpful.  I just cant believe the price of that folder, like the one person stated above it would be $300 by the time you got the stock on and even then it looks like it is hard to fire the rifle with it folded.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a 7.62x39 VEPR about eight months ago.  It would occassionally fail to feed the last round out of the magazine.  I figured it was just the old Chinese magazine I was using at the time and tried it with some new Bulgarian waffle mags.  Nope, it  jammed with those also.

I talked to Robinson and they told me to try different ammo.  This, of course, is BS and I told them I wanted to get the rifle repaired.  My thought was that the magazine catch wasn't holding the magazine in high enough.  They agreed to look at the gun and I sent it in.

After several weeks, Robinson called me back.  I wish I could remember the technician's name, as he was pretty helpful.  Anyway, he told me that they had shot my rifle with several different magazines and some different brands of ammo and couldn't make the gun malfunction.  They did send me a brand new rifle though just to make absolutely sure I was happy with their product.

Now that's what I call CUSTOMER SERVICE!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:25:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd not realized that the stock required special fitting - $300 - ouch. I'll stick with the standard stock, particularly when you consider that the safety cannot be operated with the stock folded.

With those reported malfunctions it's looking like an AR15 may have been the reliable option !
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:20:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'd not realized that the stock required special fitting - $300 - ouch. I'll stick with the standard stock, particularly when you consider that the safety cannot be operated with the stock folded.

On the web site it says you can manipulate the safety with the stock folded.

Folding Stock

Our folding stock is the best ever and can be attached to the VEPR and all AK Rifles with stamped receivers.   To fold the stock, just depress the button on the top of the stock.   The stock folds down below the ejection port.  The stock locks in both the extended and folded positions.   With the stock folded, one can take the safety off and pull the trigger.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Ah, that info was not posted when I first looked at the product. Still a little steep on price though - I can get a good used handgun for that money.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#8]
The site also says that the installation of the folder isn't that difficult i.e. grinding and filing off the rear tang.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#9]
if it isnt that difficult why would they charge $50 to do it
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:03:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Because it's time consuming?  If you don't want to mess up the finish on a gun, you have to go slow when it comes to cutting things, and time is money.  People charge upwards $150 to convert Saigas to a pistol grip, sans compliance parts.  It's not hard at all, but they sure charge a lot of money for it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Because it's time consuming?  If you don't want to mess up the finish on a gun, you have to go slow when it comes to cutting things, and time is money.  People charge upwards $150 to convert Saigas to a pistol grip, sans compliance parts.  It's not hard at all, but they sure charge a lot of money for it.

It probably takes them 10 min and if I bought the gun from them id expect a little better and the fact im buying a $200 stock
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#12]
not trying to bitch but rather understand their thinking
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top