AK Sponsor: palmetto
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:39:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:48:32 AM EDT
[#2]
some people just hose you when they get the chance
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:35:12 AM EDT
[#3]
A LOT of FFL dealers around me want $30 + tax for an out-of-state incoming rifle shipment...

Until I found a guy that wants $15 flat, and would do the transfer with a smile... That's how I got my VEPR K. He looked at the rifle and never saw one before... I don't exactly live in AK country (mostly bolt-action and handgun users here) but he gladly took delivery and did the transfer.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#4]
They could be trying to tag people for 'Use Tax' which most states have.  You are still 'supposed' to pay sales tax, even on out of state purchases- you are supposed to pay directly to the state.  Noone does it, of course.  But they could have a law requiring people to pay it when they go through an FFL.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive got a nazi gunshop here that is like that, they charge $15 on top of 10% of the firearms cost, the assholes actually expect you to buy their stuff that is at least $100-$300 overpriced from the people down the street just because they are a gun shop only and not a pawn shop with a large gun section.  Its a good place to try, but not to buy.  I have also found a $15 flat rate guy since my last runaround with the gun shop, Ill never buy a thing from them again as long as I have my ffl guy and a auctionarms.com acount.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#6]
The funny part about the "Use Tax" is that its for out-of-state goods *sold* in whatever state you're in.

Well, an incoming rifle shipment was already *sold* over the Internet and technically/legally the transaction does not take place in your state. The FFL dealer is not selling you the rifle.
The transaction is $0 and any percent of $0 is $0. All you should be paying is the FFL transfer fee.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn you are posting this story in about every forum what do you want us to do?????????
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I think he wants everyone to know what kinda FFL dealer they were to charge a person $147.

Whether or not he has the money for a Tigr is not the issue. It's the fact this gun club charged an exorbitant amount for 2 minutes of paperwork and calling in a NICS check.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think he wants everyone to know what kinda FFL dealer they were to charge a person $147.

Whether or not he has the money for a Tigr is not the issue. It's the fact this gun club charged an exorbitant amount for 2 minutes of paperwork and calling in a NICS check.

there might be a handfull of members that live in that area of PA so just post it in the Hometown Forum
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:20:09 AM EDT
[#11]
It would have been worth another $147 bucks to kick his A... go downtown, pay the fine, come back and have a good time.  Bad when you have to Prepay for butt kickings! LOL
just kiddin' yall.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Did you get a kiss with that screw?
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top