Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2003 10:12:18 PM EDT
Theres a guy wanting to sell me a preban rusian ak folder and was wandering if anyone has any info on the type of folding stocks the rusian guns were manufactured with. I thought all rusians with folders were side folding?? I have no idea if this is the original ak-47 or not but how mutch is the average preban rusian going for nowdays?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:14:28 AM EDT
[#1]
There are no Pre-ban Russian AKs. He is giving you a line of shit. The ban to import "pre-ban" AKs was in 89. The USSR/Russia  was our sworn enemy till about 91.  They didnt start shipping any guns to the Civilian market until about 1994. Thats when the first Saiga sporters came.

The latest Russian AK-74s have solid plastic sidefolders, earlier AK-74s had a metal version, and the AKM and AK-47 had underfolders.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok that helps alot. Now its kinda came to my atention threw my various contacts that this rifle may not be "legiment" is there some pics. floating around somewhere to show me how to cut the reciever with a torch so I could salvage the parts at least....hopefully it doesn't come to that.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Russian folder?? Is this a war bring-back or something.  Make sure there aren't 3 notches for the safety lever to click into as you move it up and down.  You don't want to be in possession of a full-auto AK by mistake.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats what I thought, it ALWAYS has 3 selector positions if it is full auto right?

Ayways, I talked to a guy who has looked at the gun once and really knows the seller and it isn't full auto so I don't have to wory about that.

A war bring back... I haven't thought about that, Its very posible it could be. I think the guy inherited the gun anyways the way it sounds. How would I tell though if it was a bring back and how could I evern tell if it was a pre-89' gun?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#5]
hey 100 post!!!
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top