Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/22/2003 6:41:41 PM EDT
Looks like a cross between the Sako M-90 series and the Galil. I was wondering if anyone here owns one and what they like/dislike about the rifle. This rifle features a thumb operable safty kind of like the Galil. How is this?

Too bad they dont make one in a stamped AK reciever to reduce weight.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a stamped receiver... its the RPK barrel that makes the Vepr rifle so heavy...
But, with a rifle, weight is all relative...at least its not an M60 or M249...

Y-
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one and love it. My only complaint is the top rail is one length to short in my opinion. Built like a tank!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
COOL! I`m patiently waiting for mine to arrive from Robinson Armament.[:\]
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:00:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had mine for a few months. Flawless operation for 700+ rounds. (no suprise) Balance point with an empty bulgy mag is right in front of mag well so it dosnt feel muzzle heavy. Averages 2" (5 shots) at 100yds with silverbear hp's. I think 1 moa is possible with quality bullets. (handloads)

Ak74 brake with a heavy barrel. Keeps muzzle down for smooth fast double taps.

Silky smooth action / trigger.

Better than average accuracy.

Solid feeling handgard allows bipod / rails to be mounted.

Egronomic thumb safty.

Ar15 sights.

Dislikes:

Front handgard takedown screw  has fine threads which are easily damaged. I drilled out bushing to .187 and replaced screw with a hardened 1.5 dowl pin. Works / looks much better.

Kobra / PSO side mount scopes will not clear sights on cover. (no suprise again) I ordered a replacement Vepr 7.62 cover from RA. Problem solved. Dremeled a little off front hump and painted flat black for a perfect match.

Cant wait to work up a load for it. I should be able to give a 5.45 / 5.56 a run for its money.

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top