Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/27/2003 8:10:27 PM EDT
not exactly a huge problem but alot of the bullets being feed into the barrel are shaved by what i think is the lip of the chamber. since i got it ive found lots of copper shavings in the reciever. ive seen a couple here and there on my ar but this one must be shaving damn near every bullet its feeding.

also the cut back lip of the chamber is not centered at the 6 o'clock position. in this rifle its centered at the 8 o'clock position. it spans from the 11 to the 5 o'clock positions

is my barrel in properly?
can i file the cut away smoother?
is it a magizine problem? (im using the plastic one that came with it)
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I just opened mine up and noticed alot of brass shavings too, kinda like powder. I have about 100 rounds through it and only cleaned the bore so far.  

The breech face on my rifle has a raised shelf around the diameter that starts at 5 o'clock  and goes to 11 o'clock.  

If by cut back lip you mean the mini "feed ramp" beveled part at the bottom of the chamber mouth, mine is centered, but it doesn't look that way at first glance because the tapering on the right side abruptly stops because it reaches the end of the raised shelf as mentioned above.

Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#2]
yup mine is exactly as you described. and on closer inspection while i was centering my gas block, its definaly brass shavings and not copper like i first thought
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top