Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2003 8:38:37 PM EDT
First I was wondering if the wolf type ammo will work in veprs and if it will be any more accurate?  Especially how well will 7.62x39 wolf ammo shoot in a vepr compared to a cheaper AK like the SAR1?

Maybe the 5.45 chmabering will be better with cheap ammo?

I'm planning on the VEPR 2 for now.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:33:23 AM EDT
[#1]
It is odd that you should ask this question. Recently a friend and I took my Vepr K 7.62x39
my Krebs M3A 7.62x39 and his STOCK (complete with NASTY trigger slap) SAR1 out to a local range with a mixed bag of Wolf and Barnual HP and FMJ. Now the only one of these rifles I have actualy tested for accuracy is the Vepr K and I know that with Corbon 124s I was getting 1.75 consitently at a hundred ( the best was 1.5) But on this day of casual shooting, using Wolf and Barnual clearly the best grouping gun of the bunch was the SAR1 I suspect in part  because fo the Trigger slap we weren't trying to do doubles. I know with Wolf in My Vepr K in usualy it opens up to aroun 2.75 to 3 at a hundred.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top