Posted: 12/27/2002 7:03:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks nice.

The 30 rounders look nicer, but...
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#2]
let me ask a stupid newbie question.

Are those mags finished metal of some sort? I saw some on the solsticearms.com website

ah yes here's the address:
http://www.solsticearms.com/gallery/sar21.html

A couple of those mags look like they have wooden bodies or a wooden shell around the body. I think that they would definitely look way cool that way I can't imagine that's the case. (please don't laugh at such a dopey question I have low self-esteem).
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#3]
No, they're a polymer of some kind.  They're commonly called bakelite, but they're not really bakelite- which was an early plastic.

They seem to be of a kind of plastic-fiberglass construction- very durable.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got some of those!

OK, so not quite. I gave some of my most beat-up 30rd EG mags to a fellow board member, and he converted them to 20rd for me thru the magic of a table saw and JB-weld... But they look just like the one pictured, except they have a black band painted at the bottom to hide the seam. ;-) Just the ticket for shooting off the bench, and a bit of a conversation piece at the same time!

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top