Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/4/2013 11:05:51 AM EDT
Anyone have a Legion VEPR12?

What are the welds like on the muzzle device and on the stock?

Any comments on it?
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Liquid.  I have been looking at that, and have been suprized that I haven't found more info.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Worth noting that the Legion Vepr 12s will not fire with the stock folded (Russian spec).  US spec'd Vepr 12s from other importers (WPA, Royal Tiger) will fire with the stock folded.

Non-issue for me, but it might matter to others.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Worth noting that the Legion Vepr 12s will not fire with the stock folded (Russian spec).  US spec'd Vepr 12s from other importers (WPA, Royal Tiger) will fire with the stock folded.

View Quote

that's weird, what is the mechanical reason for that?
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's to comply with Russian law.  There is a lever on the folding mechanism that meshes with the selector lever inside the receiver.  It won't allow you to fold the stock with the selector on fire or put the selector on fire with the stock already folded.

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the barrel long enough on the Legion VEPR 12 to take off the muzzle device and not pin on another one?

If not, how long is the barrel on the Legion VEPR 12?
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:02:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's to comply with Russian law.  There is a lever on the folding mechanism that meshes with the selector lever inside the receiver.  It won't allow you to fold the stock with the selector on fire or put the selector on fire with the stock already folded.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How easy would it be to fix this with a dremel and a new fcg?
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Is the barrel long enough on the Legion VEPR 12 to take off the muzzle device and not pin on another one?

If not, how long is the barrel on the Legion VEPR 12?
View Quote

I have seen it reported that the barrel is 430mm long, so it will need something permed on there without SBS paperwork.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am wondering how easily that "feature" could be removed. As you noted, not necessary for US compliance.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have seen it reported that the barrel is 430mm long, so it will need something permed on there without SBS paperwork.

View Quote

Are the original MOLOT flash hider for the VEPR 12 available?  I see that there are two lengths of aftermarket US copies.  Which length is correct, the short or the long?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Are the original MOLOT flash hider for the VEPR 12 available?  I see that there are two lengths of aftermarket US copies.  Which length is correct, the short or the long?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They pop up from time to time.  I checked my usual sources and did not see any currently for sale.

The long is "correct" as far as I know.  Molot may make a short version of that flash hider, but I have not personally seen one.  Every pic I have seen of Russian Vepr 12s with the Molot flash hider has the long version.

I use the DPH Arms short version on both of my Vepr 12s.  Trying to keep overall length to a minimum.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:04:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Thank you Liquid, you have been most helpful.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Worth noting that the Legion Vepr 12s will not fire with the stock folded (Russian spec). US spec'd Vepr 12s from other importers (WPA, Royal Tiger) will fire with the stock folded.
View Quote

Don't some European countries (not referring to russia) require that long guns with folding stocks not be able to fire with the stocks folded?
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top