Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2012 1:56:40 PM EDT
Where are the arsenal sgl 21. They aren't on the website anymore  and no one has them anymore.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
with the way they are pushing the SLR's again I think the SGL's might be done?
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Supposedly here now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#3]
are the slr any better really for the price difference
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
are the slr any better really for the price difference

I have a couple of SLR 106’s and an SGL 21.  I bought the SGL because I couldn’t find a decent slr 107 when I wanted to buy.    If both are available, I’d get the slr as it comes with the folder standard, the brake is chrome lined and the p grip has the little reinforcement plate.   Having said that the difference hasn’t compelled  me to actually sell the SGL to buy an SLR.   So, to summarize, the SLR has a few nice upgrades but the difference isn’t earth shattering.
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#5]
is the bolt different at all because i beensearching on the internet and no one really has a good video or picture of the difference of the rifle
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
is the bolt different at all because i beensearching on the internet and no one really has a good video or picture of the difference of the rifle

Not my pic.  Found it on the web.

Link Posted: 5/26/2012 11:28:45 PM EDT
[#7]
SLR > SGL

The RSB isn't a 100 series on the SGL21. Folder is standard on the SLR. In my experience, the SLR is a smoother rifle.
Link Posted: 5/27/2012 5:13:42 AM EDT
[#8]
i am sold on the slr now only if i can find a cheap one
Link Posted: 5/27/2012 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#9]
the brake is chrome lined

Are sure about that? I was under the impression that they used the same brakes for the SGL series that they use on the SLR series. Which to my knowledge are not chromelined. I may be wrong but I don't think that Arsenal supplies their rifles with chromelined brakes.
Link Posted: 5/27/2012 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Are sure about that? I was under the impression that they used the same brakes for the SGL series that they use on the SLR series. Which to my knowledge are not chromelined. I may be wrong but I don't think that Arsenal supplies their rifles with chromelined brakes.

When I was buying a 7.62 about 18 months ago this was listed as a difference.   My SGL21 has a US made  and non chrome lined brake while it is my understanding that the SLR's are Bulgarian made and chrome lined.  The arsenal website describes them that way.

Link Posted: 5/28/2012 8:19:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I was buying a 7.62 about 18 months ago this was listed as a difference.   My SGL21 has a US made  and non chrome lined brake while it is my understanding that the SLR's are Bulgarian made and chrome lined.  The arsenal website describes them that way.

This is correct.  The SLRs are made from Bulgarian parts parts using US made furniture and trigger groups.  When Arsenal receives them they do have the Bulgarian made chrome lined muzzle brakes included and they do use those when they assemble the rifles.

The reason SGLs don't have chrome lined brakes is because SGLs are converted Saigas.  The Russians don't provide muzzle brakes for those, Arsenal has to use their own, and Arsenal doesn't manufacture chrome lined brakes.

*EDIT: Made a mistake on the US parts used.  Thanks to the poster after me for correcting my mistake.

Link Posted: 5/28/2012 9:17:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is correct.  The SLRs are made from Bulgarian parts kits using US made receivers, barrels, and trigger groups.  When Arsenal receives them they do have the Bulgarian made chrome lined muzzle brakes included in the kits and they do use those when they assemble the rifles.

The reason SGLs don't have chrome lined brakes is because SGLs are converted Saigas.  The Russians don't provide muzzle brakes for those, Arsenal has to use their own, and Arsenal doesn't manufacture chrome lined brakes.

Ne.

Link Posted: 5/28/2012 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is correct.  The SLRs are made from Bulgarian parts kits using US made receivers, barrels, and trigger groups.  When Arsenal receives them they do have the Bulgarian made chrome lined muzzle brakes included in the kits and they do use those when they assemble the rifles.

Ne.

Haha! Whole lotta WTF!
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#14]
i just bought me a slr-107f and decided not get the sight rail because i would never use it. i can't wait for it to get here
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#15]
the next shipment of SGLs will be in late this month,don't worry and don't pay inflated prices for used rifles. the sky is not falling
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Arsenal is waiting on more Saigas from Russia. You can call them and ask.
As to why they removed them from their site, who knows.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#17]
emailed atlantic yesterday and they hope to have more sgl-21 rifles in 4-6 weeks
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well, they should.  I just bought a SGL21 off a buddy, and I pulled the brake off as soon as I got it home.  It was rustier than shit under there!  Brake was full of rust, and the crown was rusty, too.  I think he got it second hand, so I am wondering if the first owner shot any corrosive Yugo thru it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ne.

I keep reading that, but the only thing on them marked US is the trigger and the furniture

Link Posted: 6/14/2012 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#21]

EDIT: Diregard this post, I misread.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top