Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/30/2011 6:51:49 AM EDT
Does anyone have Tapco furniture on their Saigas and do youi like it?
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#1]
not my cup of tea, so no, however there are a crap load of them out there that do, I think that says something at least.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about there laminate wood sets, or the goofy AR furniture?
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#3]
i've got a saw grip and t-6 stock on my arsenal sgl21. what do you want to know?
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you switch it to the tapco and get rid of the kvar stuff that was on it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 6:19:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Have a new gun coming and already ordered a set of Tapco premium red stocks.  The Arsenal stamped AK's only come with the plain black composite stocks.  Want it to look more like an eastern bloc rifle.  So no, don't have it yet but on the way.  From all I've heard others seem to like it.

PS - was hard to even find the premium set.  Sold out almost everywhere.  Found one in FL.  Difference is the butt pad, lightening cuts in front and back, checkering on the pistol grip and bit of palm swell in the front bottom grip.  Found the kit at Mountsplus.com
Link Posted: 4/9/2011 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Saw grip, T-6 stock on my Saiga 12. I modified the T-6 and have a pad on it. Also filled the tube 3/4 with lead shot.(weight) Shot probably a couple hundred rounds through it, no problems with the tapco stuff. I don't like the Tapco fore end, Galil style, so mine is Saiga original.
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Just received the TimberSmith / Tapco stocks.  They look really nice.  No rifle until next week.  Funny, have goodies and ammo but no gun.  Will let you know when I get them mounted.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does anyone have Tapco furniture on their Saigas and do youi like it?

The Tapco (TimberSmith) product required shimming to fit tight but not too big a deal.  Getting that stock off was the PITA.  Like the looks and feel of the wood.  Just seems to fit this rifle IMHO.  Got the premium red set which has laser cuts in the front and buttstock.  Another benefit is being an inch or so longer which was almost enough reason in itself to put them on.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the Tapco tri-rail Intrafuse handguard and piston on my 410. Supposeadly the handguard is NOT able to fit the 410, but I used the .308 adapters and it fits nicely and very secure. I am a fan of the polymer furniture over the woodgrain and like Tapco's effort towards the Saiga (I think wood furniture looks very very nice, its just not for me.)

Now as for the stock I can't say, I used SGM's "direct fit" conversion and I am very happy with it. Installed fast, easy and also very secure and well made. I will try and get a picture up here for you in a little bit.

Edit:
Picture added.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh116/alcatranz518/boomstix/IMG_5169.jpg
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top