Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/27/2011 2:21:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Meanwhile in the US; American kids get fat and worthless while playing Call Of Duty - Modern Warfare and using Tweeter about the next comic convention.

We are doomed; WE ARE RED SHIRT IN STAR TREK DOOMED.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Meanwhile in the US; American kids get fat and worthless while playing Call Of Duty - Modern Warfare and using Tweeter about the next comic convention.

LMAO

Awesome pics btw, I'm jealous that kid gets to run around with an SVDS.

Z
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

LMAO
Z

I agree! If you have more, post em!

Link Posted: 2/28/2011 3:34:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And on closer inspection that looks like a POSP 8x42.

I've never seen a photo of one on a military weapon, makes me curious to know more about that SVDS and the Skorpian Youth. Are they like boyscouts or a civilian organization that also teaches weapon handling, or are they more like a military organization for kids?

Z
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 6:40:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Colonel Ernesto Bella "A member of an elite paramilitary organization, Eagle Scouts."

Link Posted: 2/28/2011 7:21:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 7:37:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Ill admit that looks fun as hell, and they get a badass thumbs up from me!
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 7:40:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I love the "jump out of truck/ land on head" drill....
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 8:18:54 AM EDT
[#10]
That helmet reminds me of Spaceballs.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#11]
That SVD beats ROTC.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I also assume the scope is "military issue" because it is black and not gray.

Actually I thought the opposite, black was civilian and hammer grey military. The more things like this come up and we discuss it, the more questions I have and the more I am tempted to quit my job and go to Russia to write a book about optics.

Z
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I was under the same impression Zen was....Guess I better start saving for that trip to Russia....
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I guess the debate comes from a few things possibly related, but maybe I am just drawing incorrect assumptions.

From what I know:

PK-A scopes that are hammer grey are military issue from what I understand, the black versions have different features like POSP turrets for example and appear to be civilian marketed only. Maybe this is Internet lore that has built up in my mind from gleaning bits of information from forums over the years.

Black finished scopes seem like the finish is less durable than the hammer grey versions which implies to me civilian grade.

Mildot reticule 8x42's seem to be relatively common in black but I don't think I recall ever seeing that they were in service in Russia (To be fair hammer grey models are out there too, and there are both grey and black Dragunov reticule versions). That photo of the black 8x42 is the first I've ever seen actually, which is what started this whole line of thinking.

The black 4x24 POSP has a Simonov reticule which appears to be calibrated in MOA and not by caliber, I also can't think of this being used in service. Seems like a purely civilian scope.

Other than the PK-AS and Kobra, for some reason I can't think of a military issue scope that's black. PO 3.5x21P is a heck of a scope but I don't know for sure if it's military issue...it's black. On the other hand 1P78, 1P29, 1P63 and even the older NSPU's and 1PN58's are hammer grey or dark grey which seems to reinforce the hammer grey theory. And of course PSO-1's which are notoriously hammer grey, even the PSO-1M2 isn't black it's dark grey.  

Maybe it's just as simple as they changed the color to black sometime in the nineties and thats that. I dunno...like I said I'm confused, but I do find it extremely interesting NPZ confirmed black is military issue. Definitely have not heard that before            

Z            

Link Posted: 2/28/2011 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Awesome pics, I wish something like that existed when I was younger...

Anyone know what kind of truck that is they are jumping out of?
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

a moving one? dadadum!

Link Posted: 2/28/2011 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#19]
That is one big ass helmet.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Very cool. What's with the regular tennis shoes, though?
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Edit.

I'm going to say it could be one of about four pick-ups that look similar.

toyota Hilux
Isuzu D-max
GWM WIngle
Nissan D22
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 10:06:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:57:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

And on closer inspection that looks like a POSP 8x42.

I've never seen a photo of one on a military weapon, makes me curious to know more about that SVDS and the Skorpian Youth. Are they like boyscouts or a civilian organization that also teaches weapon handling, or are they more like a military organization for kids?

Z

Yeah when I saw that I was impressed by the equipment these boys get to use in their "club" Everything looks about new. I also assume the scope is "military issue" because it is black and not gray. Someone asked for more photos. Click here.

These are most likely the MMG's (demilled "replicas").
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:59:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LMAO

Z

Don't be jealous.  Last month you did similar thing.  Rolled around in the snow and got to handle SVDS.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Actually it exists now for adaults at behindlines.net. Except you jump off a deuce and a half.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually it exists now for adaults at behindlines.net. Except you jump off a deuce and a half.

we got a FORD pickup b/c it was in PA, not KS, but still fun

Link Posted: 3/1/2011 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm jealous that kid gets to run around with an SVDS.

Z

Don't be jealous.  Last month you did similar thing.  Rolled around in the snow and got to handle SVDS.

Just like a Spetznaz to sneak up out of nowhere and hit you when you least expect it     Salute Marco!                    

You're right though, I did get to do all that. I guess I shouldn't be jealous eh?

The class was amazing and I'm still thinking about it actually.

I was at the range last weekend showing a friend some of the techniques I learned with Che Drag and he was really impressed, probably like me I don't think he'd ever considered shooting a scoped rifle that fast against multiple targets. For sure my opinion of the Dragunov is permanently changed for the better...what you showed us was a real eye opener to me.

And speaking of rolling around in the snow with an SVDS, I have a line on a deact already, so maybe with a little luck I'll have an SVDS of my own ready for another class this year              

Z
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Yeah, we're pretty much screwed.  Our youth is too busy running in to me in the grocery store because they can't fucking stop texting when walking.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Hey Zen and Nictra,

Check this out.  Does this look familiar?

http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2011/03/02/what-a-man-should-be-able-to-do/#more-38558
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#30]
yes, but there's not as much snow in those pics
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#31]
I bet the "Jumping From The Moving Truck" drill is followed closely by the "Calling For The Medic" Drill.

Link Posted: 3/2/2011 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#32]

If he's out of ammo shouldn't he be using the rifle to butt stroke the shovel guy senseless?
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0c3e6q8bcn2QQ/x610.jpg

If he's out of ammo shouldn't he be using the rifle to butt stroke the shovel guy senseless?

who told you to think?

Link Posted: 3/2/2011 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

who told you to think?

I ain't Russian. I do that from time to time.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 1:49:28 PM EDT
[#35]
oh yea....I got all caught up in the moment.
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hey Zen and Nictra,

http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2011/03/02/what-a-man-should-be-able-to-do/#more-38558  

That does look pretty darn familiar        

They have T72's, BMP's and SVD's (and SNOW for my wingman Nictra)....doesn't get much better than that.

Interestingly enough I noticed their rifles were completely or nearly completely camo'd, but I distinctly remember this one instructor at the Behind Lines class telling me to just camo the barrel of my NDM86 instead of the whole thing                    

Z
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey Zen and Nictra,

They have T72's, BMP's and SVD's (and SNOW for my wingman Nictra)....doesn't get much better than that.

Interestingly enough I noticed their rifles were completely or nearly completely camo'd, but I distinctly remember this one instructor at the Behind Lines class telling me to just camo the barrel of my NDM86 instead of the whole thing                    

That does ring a bell.....

Link Posted: 3/3/2011 5:17:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Zen and Nictra,

That does ring a bell.....

OH-oh!  I have to reconsider the passing grade.  Someone wasn't listening. As I recall I have mentioned something about the yhe action and front of the scope as well.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 5:25:41 AM EDT
[#39]
damn...
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 4:30:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

who told you to think?

I bet a muzzle punch to the face would make shovel-boy much easier to get along with.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 6:11:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
OH-oh!  I have to reconsider the passing grade.  Someone wasn't listening. As I recall I have mentioned something about the yhe action and front of the scope as well.

lol

Touche' my friend, touche'

Hope to see you at another class this year                              

Z
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 8:23:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Our only hope is to develop AI robots that can be controlled by our youths gaming skills.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 4:26:26 AM EDT
[#43]
I might be a little old, but where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Screw the Russians

American kids are fat and lazy because parents are fat and lazy!!!

My kids get real training, any stupid fuck can jump out of a truck

My kids shoot my Barrett 50 BMG as they laugh at 7.62x54

My son jumps out of a plane with Dad at 16

13,500ft

5yr old Daughter rapelling

Son Rapeling

Children training to use US/Russian weapons

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top