Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2010 10:01:19 AM EDT
There's been a few folks trying to resale the airsoft Chinese copy of the SVD bipod for quite a bit a money.  Rather than screw yourself out of a good chunk of change, give a look on the airsoft retail sites for them.  They generally sell for $40 on those sites.  It's where they got them.  It beats paying someone 300% more for the same Chinese copy because you didn't look around first.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Amen

They even appear here on the EE at those silly inflated prices. They should be going for $40, not $100+

Z
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't feel it was good form to call out a member that has one at $120 in the EE, but rather to help out each from paying that much for a $40 item.

Got to look out for one another.  Especially during these belt-tightening times.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#3]
No doubt.  Have one of these on my .308, and it is pretty good for the money.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:48:03 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_accessories.htm

There you go my .300% profit  .$75 pounds -17.5% tax =+-62 pounds(+-$95.75)+ shipping from UK .Do i have to explain why i got 3 of them?Did you want to know what else did i order to make 300% profit?
Edit: Not sure how to make link work..Dragunov accesories: scroll down for 300% savings.

Quoted:
There's been a few folks trying to resale the airsoft Chinese copy of the SVD bipod for quite a bit a money.  Rather than screw yourself out of a good chunk of change, give a look on the airsoft retail sites for them.  They generally sell for $40 on those sites.  It's where they got them.  It beats paying someone 300% more for the same Chinese copy because you didn't look around first.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:52:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_accessories.htm

There you go my .300% profit  .$75 pounds -17.5% tax =+-62 pounds(+-$95.75)+ shipping from UK .Do i have to explain why i got 3 of them?Did you want to know what else did i order to make 300% profit?
Edit: Not sure how to make link work..Dragunov accesories: scroll down for 300% savings.

Quoted:

No worries and my apologies - this wasn't meant to sabotage your sale but rather inform folks they're available at about $40-$45 from the airsoft vendors.  As a forum and one of several Dragunov owners and enthusaists here, many other like-minded members try to help each other out with accessories, heads-up notifications, etc.  We've got so many other members that are becoming enthusiasts that the forum should be a protective shelter to help out each other.  If you paid $95.75 for each of the Chinese copies made by Hexagon from Rusmilitary, this post would've probably been helpful much earlier, unfortunately.  These are available from several airsoft vendors in Hong Kong - while there earlier this year, I even visited several of the actual major vendors and saw where two of them sold the bipods for about $35 in-person.  And the shipping is quite fast because all of them are approximately a five minute or less walk from the post office on that street.  I have many of their business cards with their web address/e-mail if one needs to get a hold of them.  But a search beforehand can help eliminate overpaying elsewhere.  Here's one from a quick internet search:

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_134&products_id=11968    

Gnag, also just responded to your PM.  Again, apologies for any hard feelings - the forum is a bit of a tight place and i think it should be to help each other.  But the purpose is not to also upset a fellow member in doing so.  Gunbroker or eBay is quite different and you might find it lucrative, as well.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#6]

It's not an equal comparison.  

Pay airsoft prices for an airsoft bipod - get airsoft quality.  I'm sure it looks very similar and will fit pretty well.  But it is still a toy part not made to the same standard.  If you don't care that the part is not firearms grade, then go ahead and pay the 30% from the airsoft shop.

Just don't complain on a website for those of us who are enthusiasts of actual firearms when your toy part fails.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually, there pretty decently made.  If you've held one and compared it to the Russian one, there's not a whole lot of difference.  They're constructed pretty decently and a few folks have used them on their Dragunovs frequently without any issues.  They're a nice economical alternative to the expensive Russian one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:29:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's not an equal comparison.  

Pay airsoft prices for an airsoft bipod - get airsoft quality.  I'm sure it looks very similar and will fit pretty well.  But it is still a toy part not made to the same standard.  If you don't care that the part is not firearms grade, then go ahead and pay the 30% from the airsoft shop.

Just don't complain on a website for those of us who are enthusiasts of actual firearms when your toy part fails.

I've heard the same things that Rayman commented on by people that have both, that the airsoft is a pretty well made bipod. I've actually considered getting one myself but I'm not terribly into bipods on Dragunov's anyway.

Besides, actual SVD bipods can run over $400, so you're looking at more like 10x the price to get the real deal. At 1/10th the cost I wouldn't care if my airsoft clone broke, at that price for me it's a reasonable deal to consider. In any case the Dragunov rifle owner using a bipod is an extremely small community, and few people (if any) use these bipods in any kind of stressful situation, the whole subject has always been along the lines of "check this out...for $40 this may not be a bad part if you really want a bipod for your Drag"

The original point he was making is that you can get the airsoft bipod for $40 and posted that info so that people wouldn't get sucked into buying the same airsoft at 3x the price, which I commend him for. It's alerts like that which have kept me from making costly mistakes in the rather niche Dragunov market and I appreciate it when people step up and call attention in situations like this.

Z
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:29:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe you guys should call Oleg from russmilitary and tell him to update his ads.Who know he might sell more airsoft stuff on his site.(flash hiders,furniture......)
I was going to order polymer furniture for my TiGR but now i dont know if its airsoft grade or real?Maybe i can find it for $40 on another site???
 I don`t shop on Airsoft sites for gun parts.I don`t know anything about airsoft.I emailed airsoft site  and they told me shipping from HK around $33-$35. $45 for bipod+$35 for shipping( unless you get free shipping)=$80X300%=$240 Do you math before accusing somebody in making 300%profit. I`m actually not making anything after shipping from UK i paid over $115 for bipod.
Amen.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#10]
If it were me, I'd have simply said "airsoft copy of the SVD bipod. Selling mine for what I have into it...I bought it from Oleg, this was the cost, this was the shipping etc".

It's not uncommon for people to sell things higher than you can get them somewhere else if the seller is completely upfront in the add, it adds some credibility for the seller to be upfront like that. When you don't know the seller and the price seems to be unusually high, it raises a flag.

Having said that I also apologize if you feel like got called out, but the Dragunov community is pretty closeknit and we do look out for each other.

Z
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Maybe you guys should call Oleg from russmilitary and tell him to update his ads.Who know he might sell more airsoft stuff on his site.(flash hiders,furniture......)
I was going to order polymer furniture for my TiGR but now i dont know if its airsoft grade or real?Maybe i can find it for $40 on another site???
 I don`t shop on Airsoft sites for gun parts.I don`t know anything about airsoft.I emailed airsoft site  and they told me shipping from HK around $33-$35. $45 for bipod+$35 for shipping( unless you get free shipping)=$80X300%=$240 Do you math before accusing somebody in making 300%profit. I`m actually not making anything after shipping from UK i paid over $115 for bipod.

Amen.

Quoted:

If it were me, I'd have simply said "airsoft copy of the SVD bipod. Selling mine for what I have into it...I bought it from Oleg, this was the cost, this was the shipping etc".
It's not uncommon for people to sell things higher than you can get them somewhere else if the seller is completely upfront in the add, it adds some credibility for the seller to be upfront like that. When you don't know the seller and the price seems to be unusually high, it raises a flag.  Having said that I also apologize if you feel like got called out, but the Dragunov community is pretty closeknit and we do look out for each other.

Z

+1 on both comments.  I've always looked at the forum as a club.  If we can't feel a certain amount of security in it from overpaying or losing money on an item that others are aware of, then I wonder what the heck the point is of being a part of it.  We're definately a tight community and really need to be - particularly in this economy.  

Unfortunately, Oleg knows exactly what he has and is in the business of making money.  However, if you had done a little more research, you would likely have saved some money and found a site that doesn't charge $35 shipping for one. They're out there for very little shipping.  Keep looking around.  This comes full circle to having a site and/or a section that looks out for fellow enthusiasts.  If folks would rather not have the tightknit community and would rather create an "every man for himself" or "any which way you can" atmosphere then that's fine, too.  But it kind of defeats the purpose of having a good section for enthusiasts.  Regarding your bipod, you might have better luck on eBay or Gunbroker.  There's folks that wouldn't really care if it's Chinese or Russian but may the item right now.  And they can see the photos of what they'd get.  But read up on the fourms - the bipod has been discussed many times on several forums.  A simple Google search using the words "SVD bipod" reveals topics and discussions regarding the bipod right off the bat and shows outfits that offered the bipod.  The very first search result even goes to the www.dragunov.net website that does a comparison of the Chinese bipod next to the Russian one.

I also apologize if you feel a bit upset.  No one wants to put the kibosh on a fellow member's sale.  However, I'm also quite protective of fellow members in terms of not wanting someone lose money on something that's available.  There's enough "profiteer members" on the forums that don't have an issue with taking advantage of deals from vendors only to turn around and take advantage of their fellow members.  They, in turn, make going to the EE a much more cautious and risky ordeal.  We've really got to look out for each other these days and set a precedence the forums aren't a place to obtain membership only for the purpose of gauging the market environment and taking advantage of fellow members through reselling marked-up items.  

But my apologies.  It's a subject that I'm a bit passionate about and often can't sit back to watch a fellow enthusiast take a hit for.  I'd do the same for anyone and I'd hope a fellow member would do the same for me.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top