Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 8:50:08 PM EDT
Does anyone have a figure for the distance the firing pin should protrude from the bolt face on a 7.62x51 NDM86?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Bill at PA is the man when it comes to Dragunov's. He's reworked the firing pins on two of my former NDM86's and helped me solve a pierced primer issue on my old 308. He's extremely knowledgeable about Dragunovs, and AK's for that matter.

Z
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I've put over a thousand rounds through my NDM86 in the last couple of years and now it is a pierced primer problem that I am having. Every once in a while I get a piece of primer stuck in the bolt face and it locks up the firing pin. Thanks for the help fellas.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the same problem using commercial ammo in my 308 particularly with Winchester ammo. My NDM would pierce straight through and after a couple rounds the firing pin would be stuck.

Bill rounded the tip of the pin off and reduced the overall length by a hair and the problem cleared up. Had a similar problem in my 54r but I stuck with milsurp and it wasn't an issue.

Give him a buzz, he'll get you squared away.

Z
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top