Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/21/2008 11:14:58 AM EDT
Does the bolt hold open on the Saiga .308 hold open the bolt on the last round, with any mag like the 20 rd fbmg or the 35rd surefire?

Thanks,
Sterling
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]
No, the only thing the BHO does is hold it open if manually enabled.  It does not automatically hold the bolt open after the last round is fired.  The surefire mags do but once you remove the mag then the bolt closes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Does anybody make a last round bolt hold open for an AK?

I read somewhere that someone was making one.  Maybe it was Warfield armory?

Sterling
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No, the only thing the BHO does is hold it open if manually enabled.  It does not automatically hold the bolt open after the last round is fired.  The surefire mags do but once you remove the mag then the bolt closes.

So the follower physically holds the bolt until you remove the mag? I saw mention that they had a bolt hold open but didnt know if it actually locked open or not.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I agree,
What the hell is the point??

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top