Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/8/2007 11:09:39 AM EDT
picked up a Saiga12...

now im thinking about a Saiga in .410......

pro's...con's?

I know ammo is $$$$ (about 46 cents a round!!!)

i also know the Ruskies use them in police work (not same as stock config as they come but, still)...

info, input, pics, etc...much appreciated

oh, heres is my new Saiga 12

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:14:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a saiga 12, and I have absolutely no inclination for a 410 or 20 gauge saiga shotgun.

I would recommend, however, getting it converted to look like mine:

And getting a 20 round drum for www.mdarms.com while they're still decently priced and in the pre-production phase.  

I do have a saiga 7.62x39 in the works, and I do want a 308 saiga eventually.  Other shotgun calbers?  Bleh.  If I were suddenly rich I might get a SBS saiga 12 from tromix, but other than that...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a saiga 12, and I have absolutely no inclination for a 410 or 20 gauge saiga shotgun.

i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb141/TheColdTruth/cb142.jpg

And getting a 20 round drum for www.mdarms.com while they're still decently priced and in the pre-production phase.  

I do have a saiga 7.62x39 in the works, and I do want a 308 saiga eventually.  Other shotgun calbers?  Bleh.  If I were suddenly rich I might get a SBS saiga 12 from tromix, but other than that...

165 is in no way decently priced. There is alot of gouging going on with the ak side
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]
1) .308 is not a caliber i want to get back into (just got out of it)

2) cant convert to pgrip config being I am in NY right now

3) cant buy high cap drum mag for it legally

4) I dont support the high caps and drums for Saigas being they will surely make them into
   DD's per ATF standards/outlines/text.  Its only fucking ourselves over.

Soooo yeah
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:49:38 PM EDT
[#6]
They'll reclassify them if they want anyhow.  I wouldn't not buy a drum (if I could legally) just because they might get reclassified.  There are other people out there that will buy them and it will happen anyhow...so why not get in on the fun.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They'll reclassify them if they want anyhow.  I wouldn't not buy a drum (if I could legally) just because they might get reclassified.  There are other people out there that will buy them and it will happen anyhow...so why not get in on the fun.  

eh price..and practicality.   just going to be a range toy...

kind of like justifying a Chinese AK drum vs stocking up on euro 30rnders....huge price diff, and capacity isnt all that much more fantastic.  (traded off all 3 of my drums after I realized they are just novelty items).

and u CAN buy a drum legally,  your in PA!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I know if I had a Saiga 12 I'd have at least one of them drums.  20rnds of 00 Buck is 9 thirty some caliber pelets per shell.  That's alot of firepower.  Hell it's 180 projectiles in maybe 12 seconds.  You could tear up some targets with that.  Good to see you finally got that Saiga though.  You've been wanting one of those for a while.  Why not get some 10rnders for that thing!  Those should be NY legal.  Better yet...move to PA!

CMS
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:39:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I want a Saiga 12 and will buy one at the next gun show on the 27th. Thing is, I want it with the pistol grip conversion, so it wouldn't look out of place next to the rest of my AKs. Who will do this and for what price?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:50:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I want a Saiga 12 and will buy one at the next gun show on the 27th. Thing is, I want it with the pistol grip conversion, so it wouldn't look out of place next to the rest of my AKs. Who will do this and for what price?

Do it yourself. Its not hard to do, does not take lots of tools either.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:59:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, Get the .410.......Check out the saiga web board in not done already. I just got my .410 and it is a blast with rabbits. I am just waiting for the 25-32 rd drums....
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:42:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb141/TheColdTruth/cb142.jpg

165 is in no way decently priced. There is alot of gouging going on with the ak side

Right.  

Look up and tell me how much wraithmaker drums are going for, mmkay?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:14:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do it yourself. Its not hard to do, does not take lots of tools either.

Yes, but how? Need a little more feedback if you're inclined.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top